“Great fish and hush puppies ”
Review of Fish House Cafe

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fish House Cafe
Ranked #180 of 808 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American
Description: Great place that needs to be listed. Surprised it wasn't already listed as other review sites have it.
Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

A friend turned me onto this place the fish platters and fish sandwich are very good not greasy at all. The hush puppies are also very good. In fact that's all I order when I do come here. They have a big menu but I can't tell you how the rest of the food is because the fish is so damn good I don't want to try anything else.

Reviewed 22 July 2015

Non-greasy fried fish sandwiches and platters with several side dishes available (hush puppies--yum!). The breading is crisp and flavorful, not too spicy. A Tacoma legend, at 19th and MLK, one block from St. Joes Hospital.

Reviewed 19 July 2015

Been going here for a couple of years. Started taking my grandson with me on our Thursdays together. Downhome feel.....fish, shrimp, burgers, philly sammys. Great sides..okra, mac and cheese esp. I always get the southern style deep fried fish with their tartar sauce and a side of "mystery sauce" Corn meal breading on the fish. Just yum.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was craving fried fish with grits/rice. Well they didn't have the grits or rice but WOW was this fish fried to perfection and I fell hopelessly infatuated with this spot. Seating is limited and parking is on the street but this spot is a hidden gem and I loved it.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The food at this very small café is excellent. It is almost all about fried food, cod fish, cat fish, shrimp, hush puppies, okra, French fries. There are other things on the menu like the Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich that are also excellent. The fried food you can get with southern style with cornbread breading or regular flour breading.

There are 4 tables and about 16 chairs, but I wouldn't call it a restaurant, more like a fast food place. I always get take out and it is always excellent - fresh and crisply fried.

I gave it 4 stars because of it not really being a restaurant and because it does smell of grease inside. But nowhere else in Tacoma can you get awesome southern fried catfish, shrimp, okra, and hush puppies.

Only open 11am to 6pm Monday - Saturday.

1  Thank Ellenda

Been to Fish House Cafe? Share your experiences!