USD 134
HIExpress.com
USD 125
Shilo Inns Tacoma(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
USD 126
USD 131
USD 115
USD 207
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

At first glance This was a fairly decent hotel to stay at. It has been going through renovations so it was hardwood type floors, our King Sized Bed was on the floor, our inroom phone didnt work until the last day when we replaced it ourselfs from another room. The shower didn't drain and there was not hot water or pressure in our shower the first night. The rooms smelled clean but the floors have never been washed as our feet were black after getting out of the shower. Breakfast bar was decent and the selection was very decent. It was quiet at night with the ac on, filter needed to be changed but not attended to. We stayed 5 days here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessie M
General M, Director of Sales at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience.

Management
253-539-1153

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I had a reservation via Choice Hotels, made well in advance, with late arrival noted on a reservation. When arrived around midnight, was told that there are no rooms available. There were several more people in the same situation. All other hotels and motels in the neighborhood were booked solid as well. Calling to Choice Hotels did not help.
All unsuccessful customers left, I was the only one still sticking around as I could not figure out what to do in a situation like that. Thanks for the kindness of the lobby clerk - his shift was over, he placed me in a room he had for himself, and went to sleep elsewhere, so after about one hour waiting, I had a room for the night.
The motel grounds are very dirty, lots of trash, some suspicious personas hanging around. Did not feel very safe in this area. The room was OK, clean enough (I was told that it was not the one for the guests, so I did not expect much).
Breakfast menu is very economical; they ran out of breakfast items much sooner than 9 am. The breakfast area was very messy.
Overall, the most negative experience I ever had with the motels that are Choice members.

Room Tip: Don't stay there, ever.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Requested Non-Smoking room, didn't get it. Room was nasty, stains all over carpet, walls had chipped paint, bathroom was disgusting. To top it off there was a Bullet hole from ceiling through wall into floor in rm 237, asked them about it next day they played stupid while speaking in their language. I asked them to check me out because I did not feel safe there. Owner said I'd get a credit for the other 2 nights, haven't seen the credit yet. They were too busy to print out a statement, too busy to return my calls, I've called over 8 times already. The "manager" Deanna is rude and I told them I was going to fight the charges with my credit card but they falsified my statement which shows I checked out on the 3rd day. Rip off!!!!!
Don't waste your energy not money on this dump.
If I could rate them a 0 I would!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Do not expect a lot when you chose to book at ths property. Over priced if you booked directly but you wont get their " finest room" if you booked with the third party. They wont offer you anything and you might end up paying more when you checked in..so be sure that you prepay your reservation if possible

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
General M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Management

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Family rooms were separated when they weren't supposed to be. Had called many weeks in advance to get 3 rooms together. Arrived to find rooms not together, everyone's rooms smelled bad. The whole reason we picked this one over another hotel was the indoor pool. But apparently it's been out of service for months. After getting all settled for a two night stay, discovered our room door didn't lock AND deadbolt was broken. We discovered this when the 3 & 6 year olds pushed the door right in with no key. Front desk repeatedly promised maintenance would come. Never came, and I missed our first night's event we drove all day for! Had a terrifying sleepless night in our ground level room with no door lock, and a sketchy Friday night happening right outside. The next morning we had been promised maintenance would be there at 8am sharp, at 8:30 I gave up and went back to the lobby. We were moved to another room as far from our family as possible and up on second floor, it was at this time we were promised some money off the room. This room didn't smell but the curtains wouldn't open and the A/C made irritating snaps and bangs all night. The next day my entire family gathered to discuss how we would never stay at this kind of hotel again, not Econolodge, not any hotel in the Choice hotels group. I sent an unpublished review to manager, requested Friday evening as a refund, and received only an apology form letter asking that we stay again sometime so they can provide better service. Terrible. My special weekend with extended family, exciting events and relaxing evenings in the pool with my Father who's dying of cancer and my children who had been looking forward to the hotel pool for months (did I mention last day of school?)-----totally ruined by Econolodge.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family