USD 121
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 137/night.

Shilo Inns Tacoma(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
USD 136
USD 115
USD 207
  • Pool
USD 145
All reviewstacoma mallkitchen utensilsair conditionereasy accessdryerfreewaypetsaccommodationsstains
Reviewed 15 January 2018

This was not a well maintained Extended Stay America. It took a while to get attention from the person who does check-in; the elevator and floors had small pieces of trash present, near-foul odor also.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Please accept our apologies for your unpleasant experience at our hotel. Thank you for sharing these issues so we can make adjustments. As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, we are very sorry your room fell short of expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team so that we can we can improve ourselves. We truly regret the inconvenience you had and please visit us again so we can restore your faith in our hotel and provide you with the hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Made a reservation for a King Suite online approximately 1 month ago. After traveling literally all day, I arrive to this hotel and they sold my room to another customer. They attempted to put me in a regular King Room and Comped my first night stay. The room I was placed in was dirty, with animal hair everywhere and the smell was terrible. I immediately checked out yet they had already charged my credit card.

I would only recommend this hotel as an option against sleeping in your car during a snowstorm.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2018

We are so sorry for the difficulties you experienced and apologize that we were unable to accommodate you in the room of your choice. What you experienced is definitely not of our standards and have taken appropriate steps with our housekeeping team to ensure all our guest rooms are inspected before they are allocated to future guests. Again, we are so sorry for the problems you encountered. We would like to regain your trust and hope you will give us that chance in the future.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

The hotel functions with very limited staff, and just one staff member after hours. This leaves the entire location feeling rather insecure.

If you need discreet access for your clients, don't worry -- no one will question coming and goings through the lobby anyway.

Do not stay here with your family.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

We would like to offer our sincere apologies for not living up to your expectations or ours. Although we make every effort to be perfect, sometimes we fall short. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future so we can provide you with the superior hospitality you should always expect from us.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Arrived during rush hour traffic on a rainy dark Friday night. GPS said I had arrived but could not find the place. After several tours around blocks I finally called them. The gal said they were across the street from the mall, between a bank and a Best Buy. Sounds easy enough. Found the bank and the Best Buy, but no hotel. Back and forth again. I happened to glance up, and there on top of a hill, with the sign on the roof, I saw it. Then I had to locate the narrow, dark, unsigned driveway. At the top of the hill I found parking nearly non existant and very confined. Parking my Jeep Grand Cherokee was tricky. Went to check in, tired, nerves fried, and told the clerk their signage and parking sucked. Her response was, "if you are going to be like that I don't have to serve you". Just what I needed. I did get checked in. The building smelled musty and old. The room smelled the same. Too tired to care, I unpacked, changed clothes and prepared to fix my dinner in what their web site describes as a "fully equiped kitchen". Every drawer and cupboard was EMPTY. Not even a coffee pot. I didn't want to deal with the less than charming girl at the desk, so I improvised. The outlet in the bathroom had had its GFI popped and was very stuborn about resetting but I finally got it to work for my hair dryer in the morning. At least the guy that handled my checkout seemed to care that I was not a happy customer. He said someone should have explained to me on check in how to get the kitchen stuff....I selected this place due to its proximity to my meeting. The fact that they charged me $10 more than what their website stated was annoying. By signing up for their rewards program, they gave me a 15% discount. I have never stayed at one of these places before, and I never will again. I will stick with the chains I am familiar with even if less convienient.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Karen, thank you for sharing your review and the details surrounding your stay. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention and assure you that corrective measures have been taken. Our team's first priority is making sure that every guest has a comfortable and relaxing stay, and this time we really missed the mark. We regret that our staff did not respond to your requests while you were here and apologize for that inconvenience. It was our pleasure serving you this time, and we sincerely hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 17 November 2017

Is there a Security guard on duty? We enforced the buddy system when entering & exiting property. Smoke smell is pervasive throughout this property. Characters in the parking lot yelling @ 11:00 p.m. express breakfast was extremely limited; left w/granola bar. Trip to Starbucks.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Deborah, please accept our apologies for failing to provide you with a stay that met your expectations. We take safety and security of our guests very seriously, and our staffs are well trained to handle such situation. Although what you experienced is not typical here, we still have room for improvement. We hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to make it up to you on another visit.