All reviews cookies and milk room was clean front desk staff each evening spent two nights yogurt pool and hot tub checking in seattle area lewis foyer dryer kitchenette pros cons clerk
Reviewed 4 February 2018

When we walked into the foyer there was a fountain as well as lovely planters. The lobby has a fountain that flows down an entire wall. We walked to the desk and Sophia greeted us. I asked for a quiet room away from the street noise and when we walked into our room we were amazed. The room was HUGE with a kitchenette and three big windows plus two of the windows faced a scenic lake. Two bottles of water in the fridge, omelets, sausage, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes. Cookies and milk a 7:00 every night. Because of other reviews I was expecting a low class hotel in a poor neighborhood but not the case, at all. We are world travelers and cruisers, and I would rate this hotel in the top ten.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2018

We took our granddaughter to Seattle for a little overnight getaway. We called this location to reserve a room and the girl on the phone was friendly enough, but probably new. She told me they did not have a government rate, they also didn't have an AARP rate and she didn't know the address of the hotel when I asked her. Fortunately we found the location and unlucky for us there was construction going on on the exterior. All in all it was a good stay, we had the worst view of a window of the room next door and the construction going on downstairs. And the downside is I couldn't regulate the temperature - it was just plain hot all night! The pillows were Holiday Inn Express uncomfortable as usual. The room was nice, the breakfast was good and they did provide cookies that evening which was a hit for my cookie monster husband and granddaughter and the hotel was quiet. I'm just bummed that the hotel doesn't honor the seniors or the government workers.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Yah it looks like a homeless convention a little but, that's not the case!

I've stayed around including best western.
Yes best western is a bit closer, holiday is
.7 miles or, walk a block to free tram to Tacoma dome.

Pros
Nice rooms
Nice oasis
Nice area after you walk a block or two

Cons
Crap usual food for free Buffett
Looks like your in a post apocalyptic motel in the middle of vacant old empty buildings being refurbished.
Yes this is or could be intimidating but enjoyable.

Stayed: October 2017
1  Thank Jessejane72
Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is a nice clean hotel. The rate was certainly fair. I believe the lower occupancy is due to the neighborhood feeling unsafe. I don't plan to stay here again unless I'm in a pickle and the other IHG properties don't have availability.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Overall not a terrible experience, but keep reading.
The cost that they advertise as the "g0vernment" rate is not actually the g0vernment rate. It is more expensive. If you are traveling there for g0vernment work you will be out of pocket.
Although that is certainly their prerogative to offer a g0vernment rate, it is highly deceiving to advertise a cost as "g0vernment" that is higher than the actual rate.
Furthermore, when I wrote this review on their website it was rejected for "irrelevant or inappropriate content." Apparently you cannot post anything besides wondrous praise on their website.

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank PoopPoo
Kiaya R, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Per Diem rate in our county is $120+tax. That is how much the government will reimburse. This rate applies to a standard room and is usually booked by those who need to be reimbursed. Our rates are based on occupancy and demand. Sometimes our rates may be lower or higher than the per diem rate because that rate never changes, but our other rates do.