We stayed at the Tacoma Holiday Inn Express in November 2011 for one night to celebrate a birthday at the Point Defiance Zoo and lunch at Anthonys. There was some noise from the freeway, but not too bad. Very close to Tacoma Mall and assorted 'chain' eateries - we chose Famous Daves which served pretty good barbecue ribs and chicken.
Location - It's located just off I-5 at Exit 128, Washington
Check-in - very efficient and friendly - made easier as we are members of the Priority Club - also luckily to be upgrade into a suite as well. Thank you!
Room - we booked a double but were upgraded into a double bed suite - nice and clean with complimentary water in the fridge and popcorn for use with the microwave - these little, but nice touches make a trip. Clean and well appointed bathroom, massive flat screen TV. Clean and comfortable bed.
Breakfast - included in the price. Dining room was fine - Holiday Inn Breakfast with a reasonable choice of 3 cereals, apples, bananas, yoghurts, hot biscuits, gravy, links and sausage patties, cheese omelettes, breads, croissants and bagels, and an automatic pankcake maker!
Check-out - very quick and all billed correctly.
Pool - the area was clean, but the water was pretty chilly - nice hot tub and even a sauna!
A smaller Holiday Inn, but up to the usual standards - I would recommend the hotel and we were very pleasantly surprised with the unexpected upgrade!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll find accommodations at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites packed with all of your travel needs. This Tacoma hotel is located just minutes from Fort Lewis, McChord AFB, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma Convention Center as well as major industrial parks. We are also conveniently located near exciting attractions including the Tacoma Dome, Sprinker Recreation Center, Puyallup Fairgrounds, and Tacoma's Glass Museum. Guests travelling on business appreciate our convenient location directly off of Interstate 5. Our friendly staff are eager to assist you with directions or recommendations to any location, including many great restaurants, museums, parks, theatres and shopping centers. We recently completed a luxurious renovation and invite you to come enjoy a relaxing stay with us! All of our rooms are non-smoking and complete with microwaves, refrigerators, high speed Internet and even 37' LCD televisions! You are sure to wake up rested and refreshed with our wonderful pillowtop mattresses featuring the Simply Smart Bedding Collection. Start off your morning enjoying our deluxe Complimentary Express Start breakfast featuring our signature cinnamon rolls, omelets with bacon as well as many other wonderful favorites. Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Tacoma! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia APAC, Agoda, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tacoma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tacoma Hotel Tacoma
- Holiday Inn Tacoma
- Tacoma Holiday Inn Express