“Great seafood, relaxed atmosphere, great service!!!”
Review of Harbor Lights

Harbor Lights
Reserve with OpenTable
Harbor Lights is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 821 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We stopped in on a busy Saturday for an early dinner. I am one who totally loves being near lots of water and feeling like I'm stepping into another more relaxed space for a while (perhaps even back in time) when I go to a fish place for food. The Harbor Lights was perfect for enjoying watching the boats, birds, seals, and water just bounce around outside the window. The wait staff was awesome - throughout the restaurant taking care of all of the tables - without a lot of fuss and pomp... they took time to listen to make sure orders were correct, and then gently stopped by with genuine smiles to check on everyone, fill water, bring more bread, whatever was needed.
All of that said, this is a place that we have marked on our list of favorites to return to every time we are even near Tacoma!! The food was great. We started with an appetizer of steamed clams -- which were just perfectly seasoned in a yummy broth for dipping their wonderful baguette slices into! Ken ordered their clam chowder along with their Ocean Prawns which came with fries and coleslaw. I had their special Salmon dinner with their special huckleberry sauce which came with a baked potato and perfectly cooked green beans. We loved our dinners and look forward to trying other items on their menu during our next visit. Most parking is across the street, but there's a button to stop traffic (almost instantly) so getting to and from the restaurant is easy.
Ken and I totally recommend that you move the Harbor Lights to the top of your list when exploring Tacoma seafood places. You will NOT be disappointed. I'm glad that Anthony's (the owners now) have kept the quality and flavor of this Tacoma landmark as it's been probably for years!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

For many years, drove past this restaurant and thought it was a location for seniors with the Early Bird 4 Course "Sunset Dinner." Let's say at the time I was more focused on places that were more vibrant with the larger crowds.

Well, to my surprise the Harbor Lights is more that "Sunset Dinners." They have some of the best seafood along the Ruston Way. They are busy with crowd early evening and rightly so. Why wait to eat later when you can complete your dinner by 8pm and in bed by 10pm. Just kidding!

Our meals included a signature chicken dish from the Sunset Dinner menu and lake trout that was sold out. We also had the oyster appetizer and the captain's platter. Everything was excellent and cooked to perfection. Great presentation of food. We didn't take photos and can only say it tasted even better than a photo would have shown.

The key lime pie in the glass was a good finish to our meals. I was also impressed with our waitress making decision to provide complimentary "3 Course" appetizer, salad and dessert since they had ran out of the trout.

The only negative for me was the hostess who appeared to be new, seated us at table in front of the wait station. Needless to say, that wasn't going to work because of the tight space and that is not the ideal location for people who are going to have conversation over dinner. Her response upon request for another table was I thought you wanted a window. My response, yes, how about the one over there. Upon seating us, I responded thank you a second time before she acknowledged my gratitude for accommodating my request. I hope the waitress doesn't have to share my generous tip with her. Our bill was $70 and gave her $100 bill requiring no change.

We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations over a wonderful "Sunset Dinner" on Tacoma waterfront.

AnthonysRestsNW, Guest Relations Manager at Harbor Lights, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Hi Frank! Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and received great service from your server! I appreciate you letting me know about the lack luster experience with the hostess and I have passed that on to the restaurant and will make sure that is addressed and reviewed.

Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
~Taylor

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Great service and delicious fresh seafood. Specialty huckleberry drink was delicious! Beautiful views.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

We love going here !!! Service and food are always excellent. Never had a bad experience. We take our friends there every year for their birthdays

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had our first date here 38 years ago. We have come back here numerous times when we are in Tacoma.
The views are great. The food is very good also.

AnthonysRestsNW, Guest Relations Manager at Harbor Lights, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

I love hearing things like this! Thank you for your continued support! We look forward to having you back!
~Taylor

Been to Harbor Lights? Share your experiences!