See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Went to the Tacoma Dome to see Andre Rieu. The Facility was great. Very capable of holding the thousands and thousands of fans! The acoustics were Wonderful. Taxis outside were a little slow to arrive after, but it was a beautiful evening. Great facility for any major attraction. Big YES from this Montana Girl!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Went to see Roger Waters. This was our first concert at the Dome and we had high hopes. We've been to various venues around the Seattle area for concerts. The Tacoma Dome is perhaps the worst venue anyone could pick for a concert, or just about any large event.

Parking and traffic control is a nightmare. The City of Tacoma doesn't help matters one iota. TPD should really review how SPD does traffic control for concerts at Safeco.

You can't buy parking online for a concert at the Dome. Stupid.

The seats and seating pattern are horrible.This was designed for one purpose, basketball, and it doesn't work for a concert.

Concession row is cramped. Outdated. Inadequate for the job. Restrooms are archaic in comparison to more modern venues.

I used to be a proponent of keeping the Dome, but now I have changed my mind. Tear it down and build a facility with good traffic design.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank JMPInstructor
Reviewed 5 May 2017

I attended the 3rd Annual Tacoma Guitar Festival this past April 29 & 30th. The venue has easy parking, friendly staff, and clean facilities. The Tacoma Guitar Festival was fun, with plenty of new and vintage guitars, effects, amps, records, DVDs, and live performances.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

I went to a concert here and although the capacity is fairly decent, it felt a bit cramped and small inside. Getting inside and out went smoothly and the air conditioning was nice. My only complaint was the sound system which although definitely adequate, left something to be desired. I would recommend the venue but set your expectations at average and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2017

We attended a March event and had good seats on the side of the hall. They were chairs, not bleachers. Less room than on the worse economy seat airline you can think of. I am 5'9" and it was a squeeze for my knees. I weigh 175 Lbs and it was tight.
It appears that floor seating has the most knee room. Don't know about the bleachers in the back. Other than that not a bad venue. Sound system not great...echoes the night we attended

Date of stay: March 2017