“Great crispy fish and chips”
Review of Big River Grill

Big River Grill
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Stevenson
Price range: USD 8 - USD 24
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Cute place with nice menu. Enjoyed the fish and chips .. My son really liked his Reuben sandwich and his girlfriend enjoyed the BLT.

1  Thank Michele O

Reviewed 14 August 2016

In the center of the main drag on highway 14 in Stevenson sits The Big River Grill. Its a bar that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner for all ages. My wife and friends had lunch there, including a Ruben sandwich and chicken salad, which apparently were very tasty. So good that we stopped for breakfast on the way through town the next day. My wife had Salmon hash, a rare find. It was smoked salmon with diced potatoes and vegetables, toast and eggs. I had crispy French toast and bacon that was also very tasty. Place was friendly and service was efficient. The building is decorated with historic photos and memorabilia of the central Columbia River gorge. Nice place.

1  Thank kumtux
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Walked into a near empty restaurant at 5pm, two ladies at one table, no waitress. Waited about five minutes, no one ever approached us. We were getting ready to leave when I decided to check the rear area and found the waitress playing on her cellphone. She seated us and we ordered. My better half Cookielee ordered some type of thinly sliced steak dish with steamed veggies. I ordered the meatloaf and steamed veggies. Cookie commented on the taste of the steak and when I tried it I couldn't believe the taste or consistency, it was horrible. It was pushed to the side and covered with another dish because Cookie didn't want to complain. My meatloaf was so heavily seasoned that I couldn't eat it either. I mentioned our displeasure to the manager as I was paying my bill and he offered to comp the meals but as I had eaten some already, I chose to pay. Luckily, we found an ice cream shop next door and satisfied our appetites with big bowls of ice cream.

4  Thank ragsdad
Reviewed 11 August 2016

We ate here twice during our stay and enjoyed both meals. Between us, we had the grilled salmon, which was excellent; the smoked salmon salad, delicious and made with home-smoked salmon; a veggie burger, which was quite tasty; and the pork medallions, which were disappointing and consisted of fried pork sliced thin. The staff was friendly; the service what it should be; and the craft beer was most enjoyable! Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 10 August 2016

My husband said the corned beef hash is even better than Carnegie Deli in NY! The rest of us really enjoyed our omelet and SOS!!

1  Thank RebeccaJohn3322