See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

5 nights in Lake Cabin # 1 - absolutely one of the most beautiful and tranquil places we've ever had the pleasure of staying. What a treat to wake up to 270 degrees of gorgeous mountain views every morning. This was our second leg of a 2-week hiking vacation in the North Cascades but we were so blown away by the views and peace, it was all we could do to tear ourselves away from home base. So we chilled. A lot.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

After reading the previous review, the reader will already have learned that the Silver Bay Inn & Resort is a great place for a couple to visit. For a different perspective...my family; myself, my wife, and two boys have vacationed here during the summer for much of their childhood. For much of the year all of us, we looked forward eagerly to the vacation and always spent a week enjoying Stehekin. We didn't learn about the Silver Bay Inn until we'd stayed at the Holden Village for three years. Holden is a Lutheran ministry, nestled in a forested valley at 3,200 feet; the last ferry stop before Stehekin. Holden was an exceptional place, but a management change caused them to discourage agnostics like us. We booked the smallest cabin at Silver Bay and never looked back.

Our two boys considered Stehekin a paradise away from suburban life. We did everything. Rowing, kayaking, white water rafting, horse back riding, hiking, endless bicycling, rock climbing, swimming, croquet, hot tub, hammock, nature talks, reading, videos, big barbeques, fresh backed goods for breakfast...and they brought early versions of the Mac. For myself, I loved that the office could not reach me by phone.

When we first started coming to Stehekin we could barely afford the ferry and the smallest Silver bay cabin for a week. As the kids grew older we upgraded to the fast ferry and the big lake front cabin. I loved that Stehekin is the most remote location in the continental United States. The place has remained unspoiled. I considered the endless ferry trip has my portal to an earlier time. It never failed to rejuvenate my wife and I.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Alan H
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My wife Melanie and and I, and a another couple (good friends) booked the Lake Cabin for a two day stay in late September. We were upgraded to the Lake House.for no extra charge. This looks out on the lake through a great sitting porch and we could watch the two bald eagles thought the furnished binoculars.

The place was spacious and immaculate. The Pastry Company (aka "The Bakery" is a short ten minutes walk up the road. North Cascades Lodge at Stehekin (at the boat landing) is about two miles away (not "just over one" as the owners website claims) but free cruiser bikes are provided if you don't want to walk that far (we walked). There is a store and restaurant there. Bonnie the caretaker (owner's sister) drove to the Stehekin Valley Ranch for dinner one night.

They advertised free Wi-FI for e-mail but it did not work. We assumed prior guests had used up the monthly 2 gb satellite allotment.

Overall a wonderful place to stay We were completely satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hayduke
Reviewed 20 September 2013

It was my turn to plan our anniversary trip this year and I chose the Silver Bay Resort. We rented a cabin all to ourselves and spent four peaceful relaxing days canoeing, kayaking, hiking, biking, and horseback riding. The cabin was very clean and quaint. We had coffee and pastries from the bakery every morning. Cathy, our caretaker and her lovely dog Zuzu were pleasant delights. We would HIGHLY recommend this resort for a peaceful time away from the rat race. We certainly plan to return! Kelley Crow

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KCr0w
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Silver Bay was a wonderful experience. It is the best location to stay in Stehekin. Close enough to bike to the Landing for diner and close enough to walk to the bakery. The shuttle bus stops at the end of the driveway so you can get a ride to the ranch or up valley. We stayed in the Lake Cabin which was very private and cozy. The cabin was very clean and stocked well. Five days was required for our stay in the cabin, we felt 4 days would have been enough for us but we still kept busy every day.The grounds are great, water on 3 sides, free use of bikes (only for paved road and they are 1 gear), canoes, tubes, hot tub, and crochet. Kayaks are available, not sure if there was a fee, we didn't use them.

The Inn was exactly as advertised and Kathy the owner was very accommodating. Note though that the Bay Cabin has been sold and the Lake Cabin is for sale so the 2 cozy cabins will no longer be available to rent.

If you go to Stehekin the accommodations are very limited but Silver Bay is a gem and the best there is.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple