“9907E Sprague! Yum!”

La Michoacana Market
Ranked #184 of 949 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

This was worth finding! The address is wrong but a previous reviewer posted the address. Food was great. Seafood soup was fantastic and so were the various tacos I grabbed (tripe, chorizo, carnitas and carne Asada). Kids polished off enchiladas and burritos! Was a hit, oh ya good Michelada too!

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Wow, has this place gone downhill since my last visit. They moved to a new building. It's roomy, clean, and has a nice atmosphere -- so I had high hopes. I ordered one carnitas taco and one tamale. My friend ordered one adobada taco and one tamale. Both of our orders arrived with beans and rice. We had not ordered these because we wanted a light lunch. Of course, these unwanted items almost doubled the price of our meal.

The carnitas taco was one of the most disgusting pieces of food I have ever been served. The meat was so dry it was actually crunchy. It looked like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for hours. The owner should be ashamed. Serving food like this is dangerous. It also dishonors a rich culinary tradition. My friends taco wasn't any better. I can't understand what happened to this restaurant. It makes me sad. I will never return.

p.s. The tamale was good.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

We arrived late Saturday afternoon and virtually had the place to ourselves. The menu selection is large, containing items you do not see at the chain mexican restaurants. The facility is clean and the staff friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank barney045
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

A local business recommended this restaurant and we were totally impressed! Authentic Mexican fare and market! You will not be disappointed! From the homemade tortillas to the fresh pico salsa, the meat & vegetables are fresh and cooked to perfection. Service is fun too.

1  Thank KJR4
Reviewed 28 May 2016

My husband and I ate at La Michoacana (Mexican) restaurant in Spokane last night. We had a little trouble finding it because the address we found online wasn't right--it's actually at 9907 E. Sprague, across from Winco and a Subaru repair place. The food was very authentic and the service was great! It's the only really authentic Mexican restaurant we've found in Spokane. The prices were very reasonable too. The atmosphere isn't that great--it's a huge open room--but there are about 6 booths along one wall--that would be a cozier place to sit than at the tables out in the center of the room. One probably has to get there early to get a booth; not sure if they take reservations. They were doing a good business so other people have discovered the restaurant. There is also a small bar, a tiny Mexican bakery section, a tiny Mexican meat market, and a Mexican dry goods store in other areas of the building. We'll definitely eat at the restaurant again!

4  Thank Ann S

Been to La Michoacana Market? Share your experiences!