“Very Tasty”

Rancho Chico
Ranked #227 of 949 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 August 2017

A friend has been telling me about his family eating here for several years. They enjoy the food and I finally got to try the place as he took me there for lunch. The waiter and manager both knew my friend and the service was first rate. He had fish tacos and I had the green chili plate. We both enjoyed our lunches and I now believe that this will be my new go-to Mexican restaurant (even though I live maybe 30 miles away). The best part was the service. They treated me so kindly that I felt like I was their long-lost friend. My next visit will include my wife.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Chicken taco salad was just lettuce, chicken and a small amount of avocado with a large amount of sour cream in a fried bowl. No sauce. Half a slice of tomato on top. The chicken was tender and the lettuce fresh.

Chimicanga was average, not freshly deep fried.

The desserts were wonderful. Even so, don't think we'll be back.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The two of us ordered margaritas. The waiter asked original? I said "yes, just a regular margarita". Apparently their "original" margarita is a $9.50 monstrosity, which would have been fine if we'd been able to drink them. They were awful!! Both my friend and I like our margaritas and have had them in many places, varying from so so to amazing, these were horrible!! At first I thought it was just me, but my friend and I agreed, worst ever!! Unfortunately, the food didn't make it any better. My friend's Chimichanga was not crisp! Just soft, almost like it hadn't been fried and she couldn't even find any cheese in it. She ordered no bean so it shoyld have been jusr meat and cheese! She said the chimi overall was lousy. I ordered the small two taco combo. I was stunned when my tacos came out with CARDBOARD STORE BOUGHT TACO SHELLS!!!! At a Mexican restaurant?!?! We should have done fast food Mexican because it couldn't have been any worse and at least our disappointment wouldn't have been so costly! (My meal was $11.95 + .95 for sour cream.)Besides the awful taco shells the picadillo meat was dry and not very flavorful. My tacos consisted of a little meat, A LOT OF LETTUCE, and a couple shreds of cheese! In fact both our plates were filled with lettuce, guessing to disguise how little food there was. My second taco shell on one side was so wet (from water from the lettuce is my guess) it was just mush. Also they charged me 95 cents to have a little dab of sour cream! We were never asked how our meal or drinks were. Everytime one of the waiters came over they spoke over us about how big the margaritas were, nevermind we weren't drinking them! We just asked for our checks. The women who took our payments were completely rude, didn't speak at all. Neither of us had been negative in any way shape or form to anyone there. We paid our checks and left. I have been to the Division Street location before and have had a decent experience there. I personally will never return to this location!!

Reviewed 29 April 2017

Had Chicken taco salad, I was still hungry when finished, was not as large as I hoped. Service for our group of 20 was hard. We seemed to confuse them. Few bumps in road, the food was all served at same time, a real place.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

Though Rancho Chico has several locations in the Spokane area, our family loves the one on Northwest Boulevard the best. The salsa has a little more zing and we think the food is just a teensy bit better than the others. The wait staff is friendly and the service efficient. Very good Mexican food!!

Been to Rancho Chico? Share your experiences!