“We've returned again & again & will continue to do so!”

The Madison Inn by Riversage
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Republic, Washington
“We've returned again & again & will continue to do so!”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Ever since this facility behind Sacred Heart opened we've stayed at least 4 to 6 times a year (usually for multiple nights due to health tests/treatment). It passes my rigorous inspection and is a fantastic value for the cost. For those needing to be close to medical and not needing frills this is the place. The rooms are adequate in size, even when we bring our 45 pound dog & his crate. Sure, a larger bathroom would be nice but that could be one reason for the price point. Once, when a room did not smell quite perfect I inquired and we were quickly moved to another. I soon observed housekeeping going back in the first one. The in room micro & refer allow quick meals on the fly to doc visits & the staff is smiling and ready to accommodate our needs whenever they are able. I have referred many there & they've said it has also met their expectations. I've used both the (small but adequate) exercise room & the tranquility room. Before oncology visits, the tranquility room is very helpful to me in finding a quite place to make empowering & healing affirmations without interruptions. We will continue to stay at the Madison & hope sometime soon we can do so just for sightseeing & fun only -- no docs! It is fantastic to know the staff is at the ready to help should issues arise & that The Madison awaits at the end of our sometimes challenging 140 mile drive from Republic.

Room Tip: Hospital side gets am sun- Medvac noise + less street noise. Parking side darker am +street sounds
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Northwoodswaterlover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pullman, Washington
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I have stayed at the Madison Inn many times over the past several years. It's location is convenient to downtown Spokane and the South Hill, as well as I-90 for the airport. It is exceptionally well tended, quiet and the staff has always been outstanding. They offer special rates for business or medical visits. I am always comfortable and feel genuinely cared for at the Madison Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank HeartofHospitality
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2011

After spending 6 1/2 weeks at the Madison Inn while undergoing radiation treatment, it is my experience that the staff, from management, to front desk, to housekeeping, to maintenance, knows how to make guests feel at home. The rooms are spacious, clean, and well lit. I could easily walk to the hospital each day for treatment and return to my room for a good rest afterward. I was greeted by name upon arrival each Monday and given a farewell each Friday. If I ever have to stay in Spokane again, the Madison Inn is my first choice.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank 2Wicked2Care
Reviewed 20 June 2011

my brother broke his lower back and was taken to sacred heart in spokane they advised us when we finally arrived at 11pm to get a room at madison inn we checked in room was extremely small for two beds bathroom was smaller than the average households bathroom. After the ordeal of driving 4 hours and checking in with my brother at the hospital we finally came back and rested. My daughter and I woke up with small red raised bumps on us she had many bites on her face a few on her legs and two on her diaper area she was clearly irritated by them and only being one years old she could only cry at us. I also had bites on my thighs and back i had two bites on my face as well. We packed up immediatly and left before checkout at 11. We went to the hospital and after the doctor assesed my brothers conditon I asked him to take a peak at my daughters bites on her face he said that they didnt look like misquito bites and proceeded to explain more about bed bugs. I am discusted with how the manager handled the prob.

• Stayed June 2011
6 Thank michelleandkent
TMIManager, Manager at The Madison Inn by Riversage, responded to this review, 26 June 2011
This review is an attempt to extort the hotel for a refund of the price of the room and is untruthful.

An inspection by the Executive Housekeeper and Management found no bedbugs. However, because we treat any report of this sort with alarm and with urgency, we consulted with an independent professional pest elimination service. They detected no insect activity in this room, a copy of which can be provided.

This traveler registered five guests, but there were eight (8) people in this room; they attempted to take a dog in to a pet free room without informing the front desk; only two of the guests had bites and there was no evidence the bites were experienced at our hotel. The traveler was abusive to hotel management and demanded the room charges be refunded. We responded responsibly, immediately looked into the situation and concluded this guest was not entitled to a refund.

In the nine years in existence, we have not had a problem with insects of any kind. We pride ourselves for our cleanliness and customer satisfaction and invite anyone to discover the truth about The Madison Inn.
Phoenix Arizona
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Stayed at The Madison May 25-27. We did not have a reservation and were walk ins. The general manager (Bill) showed us a room on the 3rd floor and offered us an attractive rate. We found the room perfect for our 3 day stay checking out the real estate market. The bed was comfortable and everything in the room worked. The bathroom was a bit small and had a shower stall only (which is all we use anyway). Our room was located on the south side of the hotel and was very quiet. We had one issue with housekeeping that management promptly rectified. The property is located near the medical center and is a short 10 minute drive from downtown Spokane. Finding the entrance to the hotel can be a bit tricky so study your map before checking in. Unless your business is with one of the medical facilities your own transportation is a must. If you’re a big breakfast eater you should plan on eating elsewhere as the hotel serves only a continental breakfast. The hotel does not have a swimming pool, spa or restaurant, but they do have a small exercise facility.

Room Tip: Government rates are best followed by AAA and AARP
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business