“Recommended for flying out of Spokane”

Wingate by Wyndham Spokane Airport
Ranked #9 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I have stayed here a couple times for business. It's perfect for flying out if Spokane. The shuttle takes you where you need to go and it's within walking distance of the airport if you'd rather do that. Rooms are clean and the staff is nice.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank ransonju
Write a ReviewReviews (1,443)

Reviewed 29 January 2012

I have been staying at the Wingate hotel for a few years when I have an early morning flight out of Spokane &/or a late arriving flight in. The staff is always professional and prompt with airport pick-up, check-in, etc. The breakfast buffet is adequate and has enough variety to satisfy most everyone. The rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable and the linens are smooth and fresh smelling. I believe that Wingate by Wyndham is the best bang for the buck when I need to stay the night at the Spokane airport. You won't be dissatisfied.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Here's the deal. I had been looking for a park and fly alternative to staying at the Spokane Airport Ramada because the Ramada rooms are small, it is spread out like a military base barracks complex and the last time we stayed there, we were put in a room next to the noisy, chlorine-smelling water slide and pool area. And also, for some reason, my credit card # was compromised. I have no idea how or by whom. Hopefully not at the hotel. But I found out because someone charged another night's stay at the same place using my number!

So I decided to check out the Wingate as an option. The rates were reasonable, the rooms were newer, the breakfast sounded good (even though it was not going at 4:30 a.m. when I had to check out for my flight) and I thought it was a good alternative.

All was fine until I returned from my trip and used my phone to call for the free shuttle back to the hotel. I was told by a not-very pleasant desk clerk that the shuttle was not running (this was at a reasonable time of night by the way) and that I could either take a cab and they would reimburse me or I could walk the 2-3 blocks with my bags to the hotel. She was not helpful.

There were no cabs around, so I got on a phone that said "taxis" and called. I was told it would be at least 20 minutes. Not good. I was anxious to get home. So I called the clerk back and told her what was happening. She again was not pleasant, said there should be cabs right there at the airport and when I told her there were not, she gave me directions for walking to the hotel. I had to walk in the street part of the way, finally made it there and saw the shuttle parked by the front door. I asked the young woman what the problem was and she told me there was no driver for the van. I told her this was not really acceptable and she continued to be a bit nasty. So I decided I would deal with it later.

Here's the good part, and why the hotel gets a high rating. I followed up with a call and ended up speaking with the sales manager (I think). She immediately apologized for the clerk's behavior and the situation and assured me she would compensate me for my being inconvenienced. Shortly thereafter I received vouchers in the mail from her for two free nights at the Wingate in one of their suites. My wife and I have already used one night and enjoyed our stay. The free breakfast was hot and good and we still have one night to go.

This is how hotels should always handle situations like this. The Wingate management did the right thing (I hope they scolded the clerk) and now we have a new favorite park and fly hotel in Spokane.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This hotel had quick check-in, huge room, and did not charge an extra arm and leg for our pet. Extremely impressed with our stay. About a mile drive to drive through food and the breakfast in the morning was adequate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of the hall. They are larger.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We travel to Mexico frequently, and always stay at the Wingate in Spokane with the Park and Fly. The Motel is within walking distance of the terminal, but of course they have a shuttle. The staff is always very courteous, and welcomes you back home. The rooms are very modern and the beds are comfortable, it is very good place to recharge after a long flight. There is also a continental breakfast waiting for you in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family