“Beautiful Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
Reviewed 27 January 2012

What a hotel! We had a great time in downtown spokane, I loved the balcony with the view of the river walk. Will definetly have to come back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2012

Thank you so much for staying with us here on "the Rock". The views from the decks/patios are amazing! Since your visit, we are continuing the upgrade of our property. The views are temporarily blocked. When it is finished, mid-March, we will have a gorgeous exterior with our views restored just in time for Spring in downtown Spokane. Thank you, again. I hope that you will come see us again and tell all your friends!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Building maintenance aside, you will be hard pressed to find another hotel staff that so truly cares about their guest experience. Tawnya especially goes out of her way to assist with any issues brought to her attention. The manager's receptions are fabulous, and much appreciated in these tough times.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Thank you so much for the kudos for my staff. They really are amazing and each have a heart to serve. I appreciate you mentioning Tawnya. She is an amazing young lady that strives to accommodate each and every guest. We want you to feel like a part of our family and again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Spokane.

Reviewed 24 December 2011

After the worst stay ever, I asked the front desk "was the hotel full last night?" No. "Are there lots of rooms being remodeled?" No. "Then why was I booked in the room under the table saw. Why was I booked in one of two rooms with construction - hammering, nail gun, a man looking through my window on the second floor?" urrr...? I don't know?

By the time I checked out, the crew of 4 had packed up and were going home. Every hotel has issues. This one is the worst. I stay in Spokane 3 to 4 time per year and there are plenty of choices. I suggest you look elsewhere.

Room Tip: There is no pool and no restaurant. Don't believe
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2011

Dear Belltownvisitor,
Please accept my sincere-ist apology for the circumstances surrounding your stay. We do our best during this time of upgrading the outside of our building to keep our guests informed and away from noise during the day. However, we don't have control of the order in which the work progresses. The good thing is that they don't start work before 8:00 am and they stop work by around 4:30 pm maximizing the quiet time for our guests. We are at a time of preparation for the final product which we should began to see portions of in January. I would love to talk to you further about your experience and I invite you to come back in the spring when the upgrade is complete.

Reviewed 19 December 2011

My husband has stage four esophageal cancer and needed immediate treatment in Spokane. The Radiation and Chemo treatments took 9 weeks altogether. I lost my job over one year ago due to a back injury and funds have been very limited- since my husband’s income is the only revenue we have. The news of another illness, this one with possible dire consequences, afflicting our family was devastating to say the least.
A coordinator for Cancer Care Northwest, in conjunction with the Cancer Society looked for lodging, so we could stay in Washington during treatment with little expense to us. That is where Lori Cook, administrator of Holiday Inn, came into our lives. She graciously donated a perfect room to myself and my ailing husband, at no cost to us for a 4 week period.
Our stay at the Holiday Inn was simply perfect. Everyone that worked there treated us extremely well, not like charity cases. The front desk clerk Paul and his co workers did everything in their power to provide us with rooms which helped make our stay pleasant and comfortable. If we had an issue at all, they helped smooth out whatever the matter was. The hotel provides a full breakfast every morning and the guests are welcomed by a lovely woman who prepares the steam tables and sees to every guests satisfaction. Monday through Wednesday’s one is invited to a Managers reception, where a light evening meal including refreshments are served. A variety of beer and wine are available for the asking.
As mentioned before, we were graciously invited to be guests at the Holiday Inn, a gift which we could never repay. I am not writing this review out of gratitude alone, but I am making a strong observation. Any corporation which so selfishly provides help to those in time of need, should be praised for their humanities. For this reason alone, it is needful for future pardons to grace the Holiday Inn ‘ On the Rocks’ to further support the gracious efforts towards those in need. Trust me, you will not be disappointed. Lori, may your benevolence towards all mankind, be rewarded benignity, always.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
lscook, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Spokane Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us. First, let me say that we, as staff here at the Holiday Inn Express are the ones that are blessed. It was such a delight to see you each morning knowing what you must be going through with each day of treatment, and not knowing what the future holds, yet still maintaining a positive attitude and courage to face the challenge. You all were an inspiration to each of us and we thoroughly enjoyed your presence. Second, we wish you all the very best during this Christmas season and in the New Year. Please stay in touch with us as you have become a part of our family. Merry Christmas!

Reviewed 17 December 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Division St. in downtown Spokane Dec. 9-14, 2011 and loved it! It was comfortable, clean, and felt homey with the Christmas tree and burning fireplace in the lobby. We were also greeted by Bebe, the Gonzaga University bulldog, who helps man the front desk. The staff was very welcoming and kind. Having a free warm breakfast each morning and then complimentary cookies in the evening was a real treat and saved on costs. A free light dinner was also available 3 days a week, which was especially appreciated the night before our departing flight. Plus, the hotel is close to everything, including the freeway. (One minor thing I didn't care for was the cinnamon scented soap and lotion). Would definitely recommend this hotel to others. (Note: There is currently construction happening on the outside of the building, which can be a little noisy at times).

Room Tip: Request a room away from Division Street so you won't hear the traffic
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Tripchiick,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. It is always great to hear great stories from our guests. And thank you for shaing the pictures - those are great! I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. And, yes, even though things look crazy on the outside of the building, the inside is cozy and warm. I can't wait to share the finished product with you this spring!