“Good choice in downtown Spokane”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Ranked #15 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for business weekly since October. This is a great hotel for business; it is close to downtown businesses and hospitals. The staff is very friend, they make a point of addressing guests by name, which is a plus when you are on the road. The warm chocolate chip cookies given on check in are wonderful after a long day of travel. The beds are very comfortable. Given the closeness of the hotel to a very busy street, I have hardly heard any noise. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Spokane area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FanOfWine11
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate that you have chosen the DoubleTree by Hilton as your “home away from home” while staying Spokane and are happy to hear that you notice many of the little things we do to make your stay a comfortable one.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Double Tree to attend some meetings. I loved the cookie at check-in! The property is older but nicely updated. The level of service is what stood out to me. Every staff member greeted me, or at the very minimum acknowledged me with a smile! My husband fell ill with the flu during our stay, and although there was nothing anyone could do,the staff was genuinely concerned and made sure to let me know that they were readily available if we needed something. The service is what made our stay and would visit the hotel again!

Room Tip: ask to be away from the elevators, as it gets a bit noisy in this area.
1  Thank tstro
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you so much for sharing. Location and a hotels condition are important but we are nothing without our customer service. It was great to see that the team performed so well.

Thanks again and I hope your husband recovered prior to your departure.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I recently had the chance to revisit Spokane. My stay at the Doubletree was a perfect location to walk the downtown yet be a close drive to othe area events. The staff was knowledgeable and the cookies were great. Looking forward to returning.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We just spent three nights here, two adults and one teenager. I think the hotel would be a good choice for business travel, but for a family it did not work well.

First the good things:
1) The location was great--easy walking distance to downtown and Gonzaga.
2) Friendly staff
3) Nice exercise facilities

Now the bad things:
1) They are double beds, not queens. I can't remember the last time I was in a hotel room with such small beds. Made for three nights of awful sleep.
2) The room was right over the main entrance with a terrible view, and it was noisy. To be fair, we Pricelined our stay, and I think it's reasonable for a hotel to give Priceline guests the worst rooms. But all rooms should have sound insulating windows.
3) No pool in Winter
4) The heater in the room seemed to ignore the temperature setting and sounded like a jet engine taking off. We turned the heater off, and still, once an hour all through the night, it would run its fan at full force for a minute.
5) Surprisingly bad cable TV reception
6) Parking was an expensive add-on and was quite a walk (outside). We couldn't see why there was no way to walk directly from the parking garage into the hotel.
7) Would have been nice to have a small fridge in the room

Room Tip: We were in room 609...not recommended
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing your experiences, it was nice to see that you enjoyed our staff and our downtown location worked out well for you. I wanted to apologize for your stay not quite living up to expectations and follow up on a few items. We do offer rooms with two double beds standard and upgraded rooms with two queens that offer a little more room. I am also having this room looked at so we can address the issues like the TV reception, heater and make sure the window is closing properly.

Again, thank you for the feedback and I hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Great Hotel, friendly service especially Reba in the restaurant!