“Good for business”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center
Ranked #16 of 46 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 February 2012

2nd stay here. Stones throw from the Convention Center. Clean rooms though I don't like the bathroom lighting. Ok sized gym. Bfast buffet pretty average. Spencers in the hotel was good. Will return if I go to another show here.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelQueen1313
Mike M, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Spokane City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2012

Great to have you back at the hotel and good to hear you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry the breakfast buffet did not exceed expectations but the good news is we are in the process of updating both the look and offerings to the new Doubletree Breakfast.
Thank you for your loyalty.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 9 February 2012

An older hotel but was well appointed and in a great location, I had a nice corner room on the top floor overlooking the river. The room was clean and comfortable and the service was top notch; the front desk clerk (name escapes me, but she was from Egypt), was very friendly and helpful. The Doubletree offers excellent perks for Hilton elite members, like a room upgrade, free self-parking, chocolate chip cookies at check-in, and free Wi-Fi. The location was awesome, right on the river trail and close to downtown. I took advantage of the outdoor hot tub in the evening which was nice. Spokane is a beautiful, very walkable city and I will definitely be back and will be staying at the Doubletree.

Room Tip: River facing was nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Shaski

Thank you for the great feedback on our hotel and Spokane. It is great to see comments that confirm we are doing the right things to take care of our guests. I will also pass on the kind words about our front desk agent, she is known for going out of her way to take care of our guests.
Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Recently attended a show at the Performing arts Ctre sin Spokane; perfect location as a 2 min walk there. right downtown convenient if you do not have a car; lots of rests to walk to close by. Breakfast buffet (had coupon w/room) was a decent selection, though was there 1/2 hour no pancakes available (10am) noted a couple families waiting as well.

Biggest disappointment? as a traveller who had spent a long time seating, a swim is an important part of my stay - the advertised all season heated pool (advertised?) was not heated apptly- as told by front desk; and had a big "hose" laying in the middle of it; so could not even swim in the cold. Hottub was available saturday and was empty so I was able to stretch a little in it but imagine my surprise when I headed down sunday am, and they were emptying it?? not sure for scheduled cleaning but there were no notes anywhere advising me on the way down that it was closed.
Overall friendly clean and very comfortable - but pool not available apptly in winter hrs and hottub made unavailable on a weekend? only other comment in house dinner restaurant was very pricey - so as a traveller on a bus tour did not make use of it and went out to find dinner

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your recent experiences while at our hotel here in Spokane. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences we caused in the restaurant and at the pool. We make the pancakes for the buffet daily so I assume we must have run out with no back up. I am also double checking our listings for our pool because it is actually only open seasonally due to our cold winters. As for the hot tub, I do remember that weekend because we had to drain it to balance it out after our morning tests.
I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

I have been traveling to Spokane for well over a decade on business and have had my wife join me on occasion. Typically I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott across the road from here. But I've always wondered what it was like. Well on our last vacation I finally took the plunge and decided to try it. I was glad I did. The rooms are very nicely appointed and very clean and up to date. They are above all QUIET which I crave when in hotels (but rarely get). The price was a tad high but reasonable for what you get. The breakfast restaurant was excellent as well. We opted for my favorite restaurant for dinner however across the parking lot (Shenanigans). The staff was very good indeed and there were no issues. Parking was very convenient as well. All in all this was one of the finest hotel experiences I've had of the half dozen or so along the years of travel coming to Spokane. I highly recommend you stay here as you may well be spoiled.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dcisive

We really appreciate the great comments and hope we can become your Spokane hotel. I hope you can also give our steak house a try on one of your visits, Spencer’s is one of the best in town.
Thank you and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

Their top notch service starts with the airport shuttle. The driver was prompt and courteous. Upon arriving at this centrally located hotel, you are greeted with warm and gooey chocolate chip cookies. The hotel is next to the convention center and a beautiful riverside park. The down town is right out the door with many excellent restaurants and places to shop. Wineries are abundant and a must visit for anyone interested in high quality WA wine. The downtown is artsy with many small art shops plus all of the major retailers. The rooms were nice with a down duvet on the bed, comfortable mattress and a large flat panel television. Free internet made the stay very convenient. The bathroom was clean and nicely tiled. The best part was that the staff was one of the best that I have experienced. They went out of their way to make sure that my stay was comfortable. The free business center was also appreciated. You cannot go wrong by staying at this hotel. I would definitely choose the Hilton for my next visit to Spokane. I will be back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Wow, great comments. I am glad to see we took care of you from check-in to check-out with our location, the hotel itself and our service.
Thank you for sharing your experience.