“Amazing food but tiresome wait”

Aahaar an Indian Eatery
Ranked #4 of 56 Restaurants in Snoqualmie
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 4 May 2016

It was because of the reviews that we finally decided to go for dinner to Aahar after an evening at Snoqualmie Falls which is just 10 minutes away.

We reached there at 7:10 and our turn came at 7:50 pm. But since we were in a group did not feel the wait that much, though definitely got famished by the end of it. The waiter Raj was nice who took our order while we were waiting. That helped us as we settled at our table and within 5 minutes had our food served.

As for the food, it was really amazing. The best ones are the typical Kerala recipes. We had the following:
a) Appetisers - caulifry (it was too oily but yummy), chicken varuval (Perfect!)
b) Chettinad pepper chicken, butter chicken - both amazing
c) Fish Moilee - gravy was out of the world , best eaten with iddiyappam
d) Kerala Fish Fry - Again it was super.....considering that I have never eaten fish, I relished it very much.
e) Malabar parathha
f) Kids meal - one idli, one dosa chutney and curd. That was sufficient for my 6 yo son with the chicken appetisers.

All in all, ate to our hearts' content. For a group of 6, they add gratuity on their own so no problems there. The service was very good.

Only down side to all this amazing experience is the small space because of which the wait times is very high!

Guess, if you are a foodie, then this place is a must try.

Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

I visited this place almost 20 times in past 2 years. I like appetizers the bost. I usually order curried wings. Its a deep fried wings dipped in indian curry. Amazing taste i must say. You get a complimentary rasam. Nice and warm and spicy. It is usually crowded during weekends. I wait like 30min all the time.

Reviewed 22 March 2016 via mobile

This is a different style of Indian food than I'm used to but very good. Wanted to order a traditional Dahl but they did not have that on the menu. Fresh ingredients. A nice variety of flat bread types to chose from but you only get one when you order. I Would eat there again.

Reviewed 17 March 2016 via mobile

My husband and I dine here pretty much every Sunday evening. It is by far the best Indian food we've ever had. The staff is super friendly and professional, the food is delicious and the prices are very reasonable.
Don't miss out! Definitely, the best Indian restaurant in the Seattle area.

Reviewed 23 December 2015 via mobile

Very well balanced and tasty food. Clearly very freshly prepared. Perfect after the morning spent at Snoqualmie Falls.

Been to Aahaar an Indian Eatery? Share your experiences!