“Bluegrass and Marionberry”
Review of The Black Dog

The Black Dog
Ranked #14 of 56 Restaurants in Snoqualmie
Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stopped by the Black Dog by total chance. We'd just hiked Little Si and were looking for some dinner and the sign outside the Black Dog said "bluegrass and dinner". A local couple in the area encouraged us to go inside & said the place had a unique vibe but very good food and they were right. When we first walked in, we weren't too sure about it, but I believe if we would have gone somewhere else, we would have been left wanting. This place is unique - truly. It has the feeling like you just walked into someone's country home who has lived there forever and welcomed you in for a slice of pie and some music. And we did just that. We had a great dinner, heard cheerful and silly music, and had a delicious slice of marionberry pie with homemade ice cream. This place is what I would call down home and I'm glad we gave it a try.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

This eclectic location offers wonderful Mexican style dinners. The menu is small, however brunch and lunch menus offer many more choices. Taco plates are more of the small plate style, the enchiladas are heavenly. I chose the chicken with tomatillo sauce, a dinner mate enjoyed the eggplant special enchilada. They offer many vegan alternatives. Live music is offered regularly and the walls are covered with local artwork. Affordable and cozy, a great place to spend a wet and rainy evening.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The Black Dog is located almost exactly opposite the old Railway Station. I went there on a typical cold, rainy Washington day and it was lovely to have a coffee and an Audrey Hepburn ( veg sandwich ). It was fantastic. Free parking is available accross the street and the owner ( I think her name is Chris ), and staff are welcoming. After touring around the falls and the old Railway Station, the Black Dog is the perfect place to relax and unwind.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

You wouldn't peg this as a Mexican restaurant when you walk in. It's looks more like an alternative cafe, coffee shop. But for dinner we had pork belly tacos with watermelon salsa and the carne asada salad and it blew us away. So fresh and nicely prepared. Good size portions which filled us up. They also have a good selection of wine and craft beer. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

What a terrible experience! On Labor Day I was visiting Snoqualmie with a friend, we needed a quick bite around 2:30pm before our next appointment. We decided to go to The Black Dog because it was advertised as a place for quick bite. However, we waited 55 minutes for just a half sandwich and salad. I ordered turkey BLT, there was no turkey in my sandwich. The waitress told us that they can either make me another sandwich which would take 30 minutes or they can take the sandwich off my bill. I opt the second offer because we didn’t have time to wait. Don’t know why they couldn’t just bring me a piece turkey. They were not apologetic about the long delay, the waitress says it’s because Labor Day and they were very busy. From what we saw they were not busy at all at 2:30pm, they were just very disorganized.

Been to The Black Dog? Share your experiences!