“Small town treasure”

Copperstone Family Spaghetti Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 56 Restaurants in Snoqualmie
Reviewed 18 July 2018

We took our friends from out of town to see Snoqualmie Falls on the weekend. Decided to stop in the small town of Snoqualmie to look at the old trains. We were all hungry - 4 adults, 3 teens and 2 toddlers. I was hesitant when my husband suggested the spaghetti restaurant. I did not expect anything exciting, but was pleasantly surprised when we tasted the food. We ordered two servings of their bruschetta as a starter. It was one of the best I've ever eaten. It's served on a large slice of toasted Italian bread - it was so fresh and delicious. I asked the waitress how many servings it would be and she told me five. It was a huge slice of bread sliced into 5 large pieces. We all loved it. I ordered the fancy cranberry salad for my entree. The flavor and ingredients were delicous. My husband ordered the chicken pene with pesto. He loved it. I had a bite of his lunch and agree it was superb. We ordered pizza (oven baked with delicous cheese) for the kids, which they loved. I highly recommend stopping at this small town spaghetti restaurant - you won't be dissapointed.

1  Thank ssmom1

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We had the daily special, spaghetti with meat sauce, lasagna, and a couple of different salads that we all sampled amongst the table. The daily special was a spicy linguine with seafood, it was super good. All the other dishes were good as well, I wouldn’t say spectacular.
Type of restaurant if your there might as well go and leave satisfied, but wouldn’t travel out of my way for.

1  Thank parkemb
Reviewed 6 April 2018

It's an adventurous day, in a small town. You have an hour to kill before your planned activity. You're cold, you're hungry, and there's no "fast food" available anywhere. What to do? You walk the main street looking for a non-chain restaurant, in hopes of good atmosphere, great service, and delicious food. So, you take your chances, hoping to "strike gold",

The Copperstone Family Spaghetti Restaurant is one of those quiet, pleasant surprises tucked neatly away from the madness of suburbia. Walking in, you are immediately greeted by a friendly waitstaff that leads you through a charming aisleway, surrounded by nice booths with comfortable seats and finished wooden tables dressed with flowers. Soothing guitar music is being played on the sound system. You are handed a menu, and asked for your drink order.

The menu is replete with Italian specialties, including standard favorites like spaghetti and meatballs, eggplant parmesan, and a variety of salads and sandwiches. I did not spend a great deal of time in the menu, knowing that I was searching for a particular sandwich, and there it was: the Meatball sub, with fries. As soon as I received my drink, I ordered my sandwich.

Within about ten minutes, the food was delivered. Now, I've eaten a LOT of Meatball subs in my time, and having grown up around strong Italian influences, and food, my expectations were high. There before me is this very large sandwich, cut in two, with fries between. The sub was filled with SLICED meatballs, a hint of sauce, delightful diced tomatoes, red onion, white onion, and cheese. Nicely toasted, the onions had tiny burnt ends, and Rosemary and Basil overtones were obvious with every bite. But what REALLY set this sandwich off was not the filling; it was the sturdy blanket of Ciabatta bread, which delivered a chewy, crusty, and satisfying mouth feel unlike any sub I have ever had. Absolutely delightful, I told the waiter it was "the most flavorful Meatball sub I've ever had."

The fries, cut whole from potatoes, tasted very much like they were prepared in peanut oil, which is always wonderful. My only criticism whatsoever was that the portion of fries was decidedly small, and somewhat overabundant in oil. However, I did not feel that this was a significant factor in the meal, as it was easily overlooked by the quality of the sandwich.

As I sat and took notes of my own meal, I could see the couple to my right enjoying heaping platters of food, which all looked delicious. And while it's unwise to rate a restaurant purely on the merits of a sandwich, it's fair to say that if their "lesser" plate is delicious, then their "fancier" plates are going to be that much better.

Cost-wise, I was slightly taken aback at the $14 price for the meal - until I saw how large the portion was. The photo below is of HALF of the sandwich; it was quite a meal. With drink and tip, I walked out at around $22 for lunch.

I did not realize until I made positive comments directly to the waitstaff that I was actually talking to the owner, who shook my hand and introduced himself. Troy was very humble and pleased, telling me that "as a small business owner, it's important to get good feedback from customers." He did then, and he is here.

With the meal complete, my taste buds utterly satisfied, and a great experience, I can readily recommend The Copperstone Family Spaghetti Restaurant as a worthwhile stop. Drop in for a meal before or after you see the Falls, or take a ride on the classic train ride across the street. It's the one ingredient that completes a great day in Snoqualmie!

1  Thank capableengineer
Reviewed 12 February 2018

I really wanted to like this restaurant as I love Italian food. Sadly, even though the food tastes good, the portions are too small for the price, the service is only adequate, the ambiance simply doesn't exist and they seem to be disappointed if you don't order an expensive bottle of wine. Sorry, when we go to dinner we're going to dinner to eat food, not to drink.
We've tried this restaurant three times in hopes they'd improve over time... doesn't seem to be happening. We probably won't be going back.

Reviewed 10 January 2018

The food and service were bland at best. No reason to visit besides that it was close by. I would not return or recommend it.

1  Thank Juan R