“My new favorite Italian restaurant”

Marianna Ristorante
Get food delivered
Ranked #13 of 325 Restaurants in Renton
Price range: USD 13 - USD 35
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: South 3rd street
Description: Welcome to Marianna Ristorante, where we invite you to come in, sit down, relax and enjoy handcrafted Italian cuisine in a calm, candlelit atmosphere. At Marianna Ristorante you’re not just a customer, you’re part of the family. We want you to have a relaxed fine dining experience. With amber-toned lighting and a subdued atmosphere, we hope you come into Marianna ready to decompress after a workday, discuss a business proposal, enjoy a family dinner or share an intimate leisurely meal with a loved one. Named for Marianna Lembo who brought recipes from her home in Tuscany to the United States, Marianna Ristorante is about more than just Italian fine dining. Marianna is about the family recipes that we share with our customers.
Reviewed 31 December 2015 via mobile

What a great small Italian restaurant. Wanted to have a family dinner to celebrate my Christmas birthday but tired of the normal Italian restaurants we go too. We were staying at a hotel in Tukwila so I searched and found this gem in Renton. Our group was 5 adults and 3 kids 2-11. All of us LOVED our meals. From spaghetti to grilled lamb. All were fabulous. The chicken just melted in your mouth with flavor and tenderness. Pastas were cooked to true Italian perfection.
Our waiter was awesome. Very interactive and attentive even though restaurant was super busy on Xmas eve.

It's worth a trip to downtown Renton. We can't wait to return.

Date of visit: December 2015
Write a reviewReviews (98)

Reviewed 23 October 2015

Met friends here; neither party had ever eaten at Marianna, nor did we know at the time that the same owner runs Firenze, a very popular Italian restaurant in Bellevue. Every dish was very nice, mid-range pricing, and the veal (which is difficult to get consistently tender in many restaurants) was very nice and priced right. The salads were tasty and well seasoned, house-made bread with herbed olive oil was great (try adding a touch of salt...lightly), and the desserts were also excellent. A very pleasant surprise. The place filled up with locals on a Wednesday night, and the service was attentive and food was served in a very timely manner. Not as upscale as Firenze in Bellevue, but for a local neighborhood-type restaurant, it was a very nice surprise.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 13 October 2015

Marianna's was a nice find tucked away in downtown Renton. The food was excellent. It was a little slow getting it but was worth the wait. The calamari Sicilian style was amazing.The employees were very friendly, and made sure that you were taken care of. I travel to the Seattle area occasionally for work> I will definitely go back to Marianna's again.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Delicious potential. We had "Misto" salad starter which was good but tiny for the price tag. The pasta was truly delicious, I had rigatoni with pancetta, caramelized onions and a tomato cream sauce and my husband the carbonara. We had a nice bottle of Barbara. The desert could have been skipped and I was bothered by the fruit flies circling my strawberry topping :(. I watched one of the two waiters really work his tables and be engaging while totally attentive. Our waiter would disappear for long periods of time as he was also working the bar. I had to get up and hunt down a spoon for my husbands desert because we could not get anyone's attention over about a 5 minute period. I would go there again but would be specific about my wait staff, I think I would have given it 5 stars if we had sat in the other section.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We ate here for the second time this past Monday and when we entered the restaurant it was completely empty (even though it was happy hour). A man in an full apron waited on us (owner? manager?) and he waited on the other three tables that eventually had customers in the 90 minutes we were there. The food at Marianna was delicious both times. We've eaten both chicken and steak dishes here. What I wished they had more of was gluten-free choices in their pastas and pizzas (their sister restaurant did but it closed). The wine list is decent. The service is nice and reminds me of the service I had in Italy. I'd eat here again.

Date of visit: August 2015