“Great stop if you are a Microsoft fan!”

Microsoft Visitor Center
Ranked #6 of 35 things to do in Redmond
More attraction details
Owner description: The Microsoft Visitor Center is located in Building 92 at the Microsoft headquarters in Redmond, WA. Inside the Microsoft Visitor Center you will see how Microsoft is Empowering People and Organizations around the world. Be able to get hands on with Microsoft's latest consumer technologies. As well as see a bit into the future, with cloud computing and other interactive displays. Photo I.D or Passport, may be required to obtain a Visitor Badge to enter the Microsoft Visitor Center. Parking is available on the surface lot in front of Building 92 in marked Visitor parking spots, with overflow parking next door at Garage 99 on 150th Ave (opposite side of Building 92 from the surface parking lot). This is the only area of the campus open for the public. Our hours change frequently, please contact us for the current weeks hours.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I really enjoyed this visit as I work directly with Microsoft products but in all honesty this is not an attraction for everybody. The Visitor Center is kind of small and there is really not a whole lot to do unless you want to play some giants Xbox and games. Don't take me wrong, I still think the place is nice and an experience that you want to have if you are in the area.

Expect to be at the center around 30 to 45 minutes and about the same in the Company Store which is right across from it.

You'll have to register to enter the visitor center. The ladies at the registration desk were really nice and funny! The campus overall is impressive and expect to hear all kind of languages around you from people that works there.

Again, not an attraction for everybody but a must see if you are a MS fan like me!

1  Thank Angel M

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There are no words I can use to describe how disappointed I am when I arrived this visitor centre. First it’s a small pathetic little place with probably 1000 sq ft size.. there are this board of microsoft founders, a few X boxes and some laptops. That’s it!
I actually found the gift shop more entertaining.
Such a waste of time.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I guess if you’re into x box and games you could make this last a couple hours. Had hoped there would be more history and information, especially since it took a long time to find a parking spot.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

We expected that Microsoft would use the Visitor Center as part advert, but it turns out to be almost entirely an advert for Microsoft products.

There is very limited information on the history of the company, its products or how products are developed. Some neat technical displays but not a great deal to hold the attention.

And the Microsoft store opposite sold what could best be described as trinkets - and there was no opportunity to buy software products unless you were an employee. Very strange.

Overall a missed opportunity that could have been so much better. Certainly not worth an extended journey.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The Visitor Center is in Building 92, which means------ there are really over 90 buildings in one spot that house Microsoft employees and businesses. It was fun for my kids to see. I wish they had better signage as it was hard to find the building (maybe have an address for the building specifically we can put in our gps?).