“Excellent breakfasts for fair price”

Ma's Place Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 266 Restaurants in Puyallup
Reviewed 25 April 2017

We go to Ma's place every Saturday for Breakfast..Excellent breakfast..bacon is delicious..4 think slices..restaurant is an older building..If you want fancy chairs & booths this is not for you..but if you want good service & an excellent meal at a fair price..this place is for you..** very busy on weekend mornings..sometimes have to park at the business next door..

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

The only thing bad about Ma's place is because is is so popular and good parking is horrendous. This is one of our two go to places for breakfast up on the Hill. We generally go later so we can park and get a table. All of the wait staff are great, but yes, there is that one guy....we always ask Becky when we go in where she is serving so we know where to sit. She is a great server and a genuinely kind person. My wife varies her order but I always have biscuits and gravy, home potatoes and a side order of sausage patties. Best sausage in town in my opinion. My wife loves there bacon, it is thick, and oven baked. Food is always hot and fresh. It is old fashioned in its Decor, but hey, your there for the food and banter. We always keep returning. Nice varied menu. And for those of you that like to imbibe with your meal, they have a full bar on site and opens pretty early. Great Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's.

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

This is a regular breakfast place for us, normally during the week. The service can be slow, so if you get a chance sit in Becky's area. She is quick and a lot of fun. My favorite meal The is biscuits and gravy, with hash brows and sausage patties on the side. BEST sausage anywhere. Specials before 10 am. Fair price for good hot food. The decode is out dated but I don't go there for the decode, but the great food. Besides, I have my beautiful wife to ponder...

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

Some of the servers are amazing, but every once in awhile you get that one guy who acts entitled. Been coming as a regular for awhile, everyone would be better off if he'd just move on.

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

My first impression was not good as the carpeting felt tacky walking across it. The coffee tasted more like old plumbing. A water filter and using more coffee grounds would help. As for the actual meal, my thought is that you have to try to mess up breakfast. It's a simple meal. Their two breakfast specials, with either pancakes or hash browns, are a deal at $4.49. Truth be told, it's a properly sized meal in a super sized culture. The bacon was just right, with a moderate thickness, good flavor and just enough snap.

If not for the poor coffee (a problem in many establishments), I'd recommend Ma's.