“Mixed Emotions”

Ma's Place Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 265 Restaurants in Puyallup
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

My first impression was not good as the carpeting felt tacky walking across it. The coffee tasted more like old plumbing. A water filter and using more coffee grounds would help. As for the actual meal, my thought is that you have to try to mess up breakfast. It's a simple meal. Their two breakfast specials, with either pancakes or hash browns, are a deal at $4.49. Truth be told, it's a properly sized meal in a super sized culture. The bacon was just right, with a moderate thickness, good flavor and just enough snap.

If not for the poor coffee (a problem in many establishments), I'd recommend Ma's.

There are newer reviews for Ma's Place Restaurant

Reviewed 23 May 2016

It has been a long time since I have visited Ma's Place and was pleasantly surprised. The atmosphere is very lacking and the interior could definitely use an upgrade. It was a bit run down but the food and service was good. I ordered the seafood platter and got a lot of food for under $15. My daughter had a burger and fries and she was not impressed with the burger but did like the fries! My only complaint was that the soda had a bit of a funny taste and that could have been due to the water or machine, like I said everything was aged. I use to frequent this place when I was younger and they always had a great breakfast and reading other reviews on here still say that the breakfast is still pretty good. So, if you are looking for a place with decent food at a good price, I would say check it out. I will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 11 April 2016 via mobile

I know that everyone has their own opinion. But if you want a decent breakfast at a decent price without going to a chain. Come to Ma's. We typically go here for breakfast so I can't really talk about lunch or dinner. But they are quick, decent and cheap. Thanks for being our tried and true.

Reviewed 7 April 2016 via mobile

My son and I have been going to ma's every weekend for years now. We love the breakfast specials and the food is always amazing.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

We have heard about this place for many years. We finally decided to try it out. Entering the restaurant was an experience. It was dark and the decor looked like it has never been updated since it was built 40 years ago. The tables, chairs, and carpet were also very old and not very clean. It really wouldn't take much to clean this place up, but I'm not sure that would help, because the food needs help too.
I'm not trying to be hurtful, just honest.
I ordered a burger and tator tots, my wife ordered a turkey and avocado croissant sandwich. My burger was pathetic. The menu said fresh ground beef. It was a poor frozen patty that was tasteless and more tator tots than 3 people could eat that tasted like they were deep fried in the same oil that fish was cooked in. My wife's sandwich was fair, but there was barely two thin slices of avocado on it.
The only good thing here was the service. I've heard that breakfast is good, but I'm not sure I will be going back to try it out.