“Not at the top of its game in this location”
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #59 of 266 Restaurants in Puyallup
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Came for a birthday party. This place is always packed, and reservations are not accepted, so a party member came a little early to get seating for the party of 12. We were waited on promptly, but it was challenging for one person to do it all. I asked for salad dressing on the side, and had to wait a long time for it. The food was just ok, nothing special. When it came time to get the bill, I was surprised to see that I was charged for a "3 course for $10.99" meal, but I was never even offered dessert. I wasn't aware of this special, as there were no promo cards or anything on the menu describing this option. Having ordered meatballs with my pasta, the waitress came and told me they only had one meatball left...and they wouldn't charge me for it. Um, out of meatballs at an Italian restaurant? Seriously? So I paid for a dessert that I didn't get. I won't really be back.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Olive garden in the south hill mall is usually busy after 5pm. But despite them being busy, their servers and staff are 95% of the time friendly, helpful, and quick. Our favorite server is Jeff, always on top of it! Food is good quality, service is great, and the setting is nice.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

We just went to dinner at the Olive Garden and had not been there for almost a year, wow have things changed!

I ordered the soup which was watered down and had exactly 3 Gnocchi dumplings in it and 1 small piece of chicken. The second refill was 2 gnocchi dumplings whoo hoo. My husband had their lasagna which he usually likes however very limited meat with mostly cheese.

So I think we will be spending our money at other resturants...I will say service was great.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

OK, so there were 11 of us, but don't promise us something you can't deliver. Our party arrived later in the evening (after 9pm) and the hostess said it would only be a few minutes wait until a party had left their big room and we could all be seated together. Well, 15 minutes later (having to endure hungry kids) and we still hadn't been seated. So, we went up to discuss other options like splitting our party onto adjacent tables. They readily agreed, but after 10 minutes still couldn't deliver on that. Finally, we told them we would take whatever they could give us. Another 5 minutes and we were walking through the dining room to our separate tables in different sections and saw plenty of unbussed tables that we could have sat at if they had only been cleaned off.

Food was good, but you pay primo prices for average Italian food and unlimited breadsticks.

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Doing visits in Puyallup so we stopped at this fav chain place. Trouble is, we compare the site with our "usual OG" on 72nd & Steele in Tacoma. Little things like un-bussed tables, slow follow-up after order & inital serving, failure to provide coffee warm-up until we are almost ready to leave lost them a star. Soup & salad is hard to mess up, but my wife was a bit disapppinted with her entre. Guess our usual OG hasn't lost their gracious customer.

Been to Olive Garden? Share your experiences!