“What a joke. Filthy.”

Bern's Tavern
Ranked #17 of 41 Restaurants in Prosser
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 May 2017

This place is filthy and the guy who runs it is outright rude. We'll never go back after being chased out because my ID had expired a few days before (and I'm pushing 50 years old.)

1  Thank Kevin W

Reviewed 16 February 2017

You don't get much older school than Bern's Tavern. The food is good, the beers are good and the patrons are all over the spectrum of good and interesting. It's one of those places that no matter how bright it is outside, you walk in there and it seems like a cave, in a good way.

1  Thank Loren K
Reviewed 19 August 2016

My husband and I enjoy popping into Bern's Tavern for a quick bite, a cold beer, and a comfortable dose of small-town appeal in a local tavern. Bern's fits the bill every time :)

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Stopped in late, but grill was serving good Hamburger Baskets
Good Hamburgers for good price. They serve a variety of sandwhiches
Friendly people

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Anyone living in, near, or passing through Prosser, WA, do NOT patron Bern's Tavern!!
Do NOT waste your time. We were served by the owners son. I went in there with a co-worker to have lunch today. Upon trying to pay for my meal I was informed their credit/debit card machine was down. I was advised to go around the corner of the block to the ATM machine.
After further discussion where I informed him that an ATM machine charges the patron more than his machine would he started to get angry. In a response he said he'd spent hours and days trying to get it to work.
I said "Days?"
He retorted "Yes days".
I said, "In that case you should have informed us that it was down BEFORE we ordered!"
He became belligerent and nasty at that point! He wouldn't shut the hell up long enough to even tell me what we owed, and every time I tried to get him to shut up and just tell me what we owed so we could get the heck out, he got even madder!
The plot thickens...
Now one of his buddies sitting at the bar, who was illegally open carrying a weapon in the bar while sitting there drinking, just had to chime in. He then asked me where I was from after a few snide remarks... I told him Tacoma (my birth place).
He proceeded to promptly say, "Oh the west side! Thank you for your voting." In a snotty snide way.
I walked down the bar to ask him "just how do you THINK I vote!?" "Well, I don't know." he said.
I said, "Well evidently you DO!"
He then accused ME of starting something where my co-worker promptly informed him that "NO, you interjected yourself".
I couldn't learn my amount owed fast enough to get the hell out of HELL.
We will NEVER go back to such a horrible place for horrible treatment!

1  Thank Lisa D