Bern's Tavern
Ranked #17 of 41 Restaurants in Prosser
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 July 2016

Stopped in late, but grill was serving good Hamburger Baskets
Good Hamburgers for good price. They serve a variety of sandwhiches
Friendly people

Reviewed 24 June 2016

Anyone living in, near, or passing through Prosser, WA, do NOT patron Bern's Tavern!!
Do NOT waste your time. We were served by the owners son. I went in there with a co-worker to have lunch today. Upon trying to pay for my meal I was informed their credit/debit card machine was down. I was advised to go around the corner of the block to the ATM machine.
After further discussion where I informed him that an ATM machine charges the patron more than his machine would he started to get angry. In a response he said he'd spent hours and days trying to get it to work.
I said "Days?"
He retorted "Yes days".
I said, "In that case you should have informed us that it was down BEFORE we ordered!"
He became belligerent and nasty at that point! He wouldn't shut the hell up long enough to even tell me what we owed, and every time I tried to get him to shut up and just tell me what we owed so we could get the heck out, he got even madder!
The plot thickens...
Now one of his buddies sitting at the bar, who was illegally open carrying a weapon in the bar while sitting there drinking, just had to chime in. He then asked me where I was from after a few snide remarks... I told him Tacoma (my birth place).
He proceeded to promptly say, "Oh the west side! Thank you for your voting." In a snotty snide way.
I walked down the bar to ask him "just how do you THINK I vote!?" "Well, I don't know." he said.
I said, "Well evidently you DO!"
He then accused ME of starting something where my co-worker promptly informed him that "NO, you interjected yourself".
I couldn't learn my amount owed fast enough to get the hell out of HELL.
We will NEVER go back to such a horrible place for horrible treatment!

1  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed 14 January 2016 via mobile

Every time we go for a motorcycle ride through the valley we come here for a beer and lunch. The service is amazing and bar none. The food is even greater with a menu that makes you want one of everything. Centrally located in the wine valley, this is a great escape from the wine tours to have a great brew, great food, great service, and great patronage. My favorite spot in Prosser

Reviewed 18 December 2015

Love passing through Prosser and going to this dive bar! Not the best service all the time - in fact we always chuckle a bit when we go about how they are a little on the slow side but we love hanging out with the locals and love their burgers - nothing super fancy about them but we just crave them sometimes. They have all the great bar food you are used to plus great drinks. We like to go and play pool and listen to the juke box. Sometimes they have had a live band playing... not the best but not bad either - they were nice and personable.

1  Thank Jill A
Reviewed 8 August 2015

The atmosphere is hometown collectors heaven! We try to go when it isn't busy so that we can talk to Darren...a real gem of a guy who treats everyone with equal respect when they walk in his door. He knows every secret there is to know about Prosser! The people next to us in the RV park like to go get a booth in the back when the live music is on...they say it's some of the best entertainment around....on and off the stage. Definitely an experience no matter when you go.