“Standard Mexican Fare”

Casa De Luna Poulsbo
Ranked #12 of 90 Restaurants in Poulsbo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

First visit, appears to be family run. Quaint interior as you walk in, adjacent dining area practical but not as charming, less traditional Mexican decor. The dining area you first enter feels like walking into a little Mexican restaurant in Mexico (not a tourist area but more authentic restaurant south of the border). Service was attentive, friendly and efficient. Menu items represent standard or traditional Mexican dishes. Taco Salad with chicken was fresh and tasty. Enchiladas were very good according to my hubby. Our friend ordered the Carne Asada, they have tamales, burritos as well. Re-fried beans were a bit spicy (pepper, cayenne perhaps) which my husband liked more than I did. Rice was served with entree but not the Mexican rice I grew up with but perhaps tailored a bit more to customer base. Prices reasonable for table service. Not the Best Mexican I've had but a solid choice, very good and traditional. Don't expect Tex-Mex which we were not interested in ourselves.

Reviewed 18 July 2016

This small Mexican Cafe has some of the best favored Mexican food any where! They have a number of vegetarian options and will make other dishes vegetarian if asked. Their beans and rice are absolutely delicious. Enjoy this personal family restaurant. We've been back two times and will stop there again when we travel through Poulsbo.

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I love this place. I can never get enough. They make their own salsa. Everything is great. You need to look for it down an alley in the middle of town.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

A true find. Tucked away in an alley, this restaurant is sure to please. Food is cooked to order and always good. The atmosphere is suitable for dates, gathering of friends, or family fun.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I've eaten here many times and am of the opinion that they make the best beef fajitas anywhere. I've tried beef fajitas all over the country, and nowhere are they better. It's kind of a funky restaurant and I'd just bet you could find one that looks just like it in Mexico. The cooking is out in the open where you can see it. There are several separate rooms where you are seated. Wait staff is friendly and kids are welcome. It's down a small alley off the main "Front Street" in Pulsbo.