All reviews front desk yogurt hot breakfast rooms are clean fridge and microwave strip mall free breakfast close to downtown checking in cheese omelets the breakfast area athletic club staff was very friendly and helpful waterfront area two double beds would definitely stay here again morning breakfast
Reviewed 6 September 2018

I stayed in this property when it first opened as a Holiday inn Express in the early 2000s. On this visit, I was placed in room 115 which I quickly realized was a handicapped room. I did not ask to move thinking the property was full. It definitely needs updating; if you have claustrophobia at all, do not accept that room. No complaints about the cleaning staff, but the hotel needs to replace all the carpeting in the rooms or get rid of it completely. The staff seems fond of febreeze or that powder you sprinkle in the carpet because it is used very heavily. There is a girl named Kristin or Amber (I cannot remember) but she worked the front desk in the evenings; she could not have been more delightrul. Breakfast was okay; I tried it once and then decided I would walk across the street to ChocMo the next two days that I was there. Coffee was very good though. I did not use the hot tub which was five feet from my room and there is no gym though you can get a pass for the Poulsbo Athletic Club. There is a great market called Central Market that has the most amazing things; a couple nights I brought an order of fried chicken back to my room. They also have very healthful options. I don't think I would stay here again if there were other viable options because of the size of my room and the deoderizers were too much. (the hotel is pet friendly).

Room Tip: do not accept 115
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear merry10, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry, yes #115 is a handicap access room so the room portion is bit smaller to have a much bigger bathroom in place. We would have glady switched you to our regualr room to have the room portion much more spacious. The carpet has been changed last week in that room and continue to change in other rooms as we have the ability to access them. We don't use any carpet powder but we do have a scent diffuser in our lobby but all major chain hotels such as Hyatts, Westins use the same method for scent freshness. We appreciate your kind words regarding the staff and coffee as we just started grinding our coffee beans to be as fresh as possible for guests!

Reviewed 21 August 2018

Poulsbo is a really cute town with lots of options for foodies and cocktail lovers alike! The accommodations are limited however, so do yourself a favor and pay a little more for a hotel or look into short term vacation rentals instead. You definitely get what you pay for with this hotel - it was dark, dingy and our non-smoking room smelled like a mixture of smoke and old carpet.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
MicahKim, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Poulsbo, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Sarah H, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry about your negative experience at our hotel, I wish we had known of your room scent of smoke and old carpet, we definitely would have switched your rooms. We are a 100% non-smoking facility so that is odd to hear.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We found the premises to be very conveniently located near historic downtown Poulsbo and the restaurants there as well as the Naval installation we were visiting. There was a casino nearby for entertainment as well as a buffet. The lady at the front desk, Ms. Amber, was very friendly and made us feel right at home and at ease right away. She was able to give us very helpful information an local places to eat as well as different routes to take and local sights to see. I had a great conversation with her during a slow period at the front desk about the area, what it had to offer, the unusually sunny, warm weather as well as talking a bit about ourselves. She was intelligent, funny, knowledgeable, as well as just being a nice person. I would give the establishment high marks for having her employed there because she made me want to come back to stay there again. She is a valuable asset and should be treated as such. Great time, great place, great people!

Room Tip: Just book one!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear robertgporter2, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It was our pleasure to host your group in July, we hope everyone in the group had a good trip and great experience at our hotel! Thank you so much for your compliments regarding Amber, I will ensure to let her know of your gratitude for her service!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

When I visit a hotel there are certain things I look for. Comfy bed, AC, plenty of hot water and good WiFi. Don’t really need more than that.

The GuestHouse Inn has all that. We got a room with two double beds. The room had a nice television, as well as a mini fridge and microwave. The beds are pretty comfortable. Nothing fancy...no memory foam mattress with goose down pillows. But we slept well and that’s enough. The shower had plenty of hot water, and an adjustable shower head with several settings. Plenty of towels and pillows, too.

The daily breakfast was excellent, especially given that it was free. Eggs, a meat, a wide variety of danishes and muffins, lots of bread choices, a make your own waffle station with two flavors, lots of juice, milk, cereal, oatmeal, and of course coffee. Really plenty to eat, even for kids.

But the real attraction is the staff. Incredibly knowledgeable and friendly...as friendly as I’ve seen anywhere and I’ve done more than my share of travel all around the U.S. They helped us find a good whale watching company, the directions to the best local beach, etc. They even let my little grandson who wasn’t staying with us have a waffle for breakfast, which really made his day.

I’d definitely stay there again!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Michael R, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your detailed information to share with fellow travelers of your experience at our hotel. I will ensure to share with my staff to better motivate to keep pushing for better service always!

Reviewed 15 July 2018

Stayed for one night - was supposed to be camping in a tent and it was pouring rain when I got to Poulsbo! Fast, friendly service at the front desk - TV didn't work when I got to my room and when I went to the front desk about it, the girl there was right on it and came in to fix the problem - voila! TV! Rooms are clean and comfortable and lots of eateries around the hotel. Comfy bed and the room was reasonably priced for a last minute check-in. Would stay again. Thank you staff!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Putts99

Dear Putts99, thank you for your compliments regarding your experience in our hotel. It's kind words like yours that strives us to be better everyday!