New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“stay at the palace” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Waterstreet Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
The Waterstreet Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Comox, Canada
“stay at the palace”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

2 weekends ago me and my two friends went to PT for a getaway (50Th BD)The photos on the internet are misleading....and so is the write up.I specifically booked room # 16 because it had 2 bedrooms...2 of us are light sleepers..but it wasn't two bedrooms, it was one, and there were two trundle beds in the living area....I am from NS, and have stayed in many Victorian B and B's....this place reeked of mold/mildew....if you have allergies, stay away!!
The decor is old and very cheap looking...very weak water pressure...we all looked like we were out of an episode of Seinfeld!!ha...no housekeeping, even thought we spoke with an employee before heading out...
The front desk lady was nice, she gave us a discount..just because...but if I ever return To PT..i will stay at the Palace...we walked through it and checked out their rooms..wow!! beautiful..clean and fresh smelling...
On a positive note, i checked throughout for signs of bed bugs..and didn't find any!
If someone was to spend a few bucks, clean and redecorate, well this place could be outstanding!! Just don't mislead in your advertising!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank juanita499153

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
St. Croix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Waterstreet Hotel for 6 nights. The location could not have been more wonderful. The building is perfectly maintained, classic vintage and beautiful, right in the heart of town on the Waterfront. The stairs are steep to get up to the rooms from the office, but once you are there, the rooms are adorable and impecably clean. The shared bathroom is the same. The room was warm and cozy with all that you need and sweetly decorated. The bed was super comfortalbe with loads of extra pillows. They had free coffe waiting for you in the morning. The views from the rooms were nice. Mary was very kind and helpful in every way. And Dawn, the hotel owner is such a sweet gal. Great value for the money in off season. Definitly a winner!!!! My home away from home, I'll definitly be back!

Room Tip: There is no longer a bar downstairs as they say in Lonely Planet Guidebook. Rooms on any side are qu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012 via mobile

The Waterstreet Hotel is in a neat old building. It is convienently located in the heart of town near shops, restaurants, and night spots with a 24-hr free parking next door. My room #10 was simple but fine and looked out onto the street. The bathroom had an odd step up into the toilet. I had a rare solo visit and was looking forward to a Sunday sleeping in - what a disappointment to wake up at 6:30 from the blaring tv in the room next door.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank kinwa
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

We had room 15, third floor suite with a private deck overlooking the water. It's a beautiful view! I'm a fan of hotels in old buildings like this, and enjoyed the stay. Our room had a king size bed with a loft bed above it and another day bed so it could sleep plenty of people though we had just 2. Our room had a private bathroom which was HUGE. One of my favorite things about staying at McMenamins hotels is when they have claw foot tubs, I always take a bubble bath and our bathroom had one! The difference I found between Waterstreet and other hotels and condos we've stayed at is that it's the little things that make the difference from good to great. I'd call Waterstreet Hotel just good. They could not possibly provide a cheaper soap and shampoo. I love places that provide little soaps and such that are produced locally, but I would take nearly anything over what was provided. The table and chairs provided in a little dining area completely went against the furniture in the room. Light grain table from the 80's with the multi-colored fabric seat chairs on wheels. In a room with such beautiful dark wood furniture this just stood out like a sore thumb. There were plenty of small details that just could be changed to fine touches and the experience would increase to great. Still, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank motherlaura2
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2011

Great place for a family reunion! We stayed in room 5, which slept 5 and had a fireplace, lots of windows, and a balcony overlooking the water. Great location, very helpful staff.

Room Tip: Room 5 or 6 for excellent views and decks on the water.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends