“Old fashioned Fun”

and 1 more site!
Bishop Victorian Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Port Townsend
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I just returned from a wonderful night in Port Townsend. The staff was fun and helpful.t Thank you Kevin, Dan and Ken for helping us to feel part of the family. When I was a little late getting my breakfast reservation in, I was cheerfully accomodated.
Our room was delightfully quaint and reminded me of my first apartment as a young married person 40 years ago. All room have wi-fi and I was able to get some work done. The bed was very comfortable and we had a view of the wharf and athletic field below.
I will definitely be back and spend more than 1 night next time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lwhybark

Reviewed 13 March 2012

We have had a couple groups stay at the Bishop and the experiences have been just great. Starting with the friendly and helpful staff and a welcoming lobby - complete with a jigsaw puzzle in progress on the table by the window seat, fireplace and comfy furnishings....right on to the beautifully decorated rooms - every thing has been wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2012

okay...here it is for Port Townsend! The Bishop Victorian Hotel is a must stay place if you enjoy all things old and antique! Great corner room with wonderful light and warmth of a gas fireplace and of course what really matters... comfortable bed! This is very clean and you really feel at home here...We had a real quiet stay..with all attractions within walking distance...even a great little antique store next door... we really enjoyed our visit.. we will definately stay here again!

Room Tip: we only saw our room but it was a corner room with two good views of the town and water.. great wind...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happyjack62
Reviewed 18 January 2012

There are no chain hotels or chain stores in Port Townsend, so it retains an old-world charm. I wasn't sure what to expect staying in such an old building, but immediately upon entering the lobby next door on the street level, I was put at ease with a warm, comfortable, welcoming, nice lobby and friendly service. There were no musty smells, but a nice clean scent throughout the hotel.

We climbed two steep, but wide, stair cases to get to our top floor. I loved sharing a bit of history with our kids as the building reminded me of the era of my grandparents' house. The top floor has tall ceilings with a big skylight giving an open, airy feeling. There is also a wide open sitting area with books and puzzles, a fruit basket and self-serve hot drinks on the old buffet.

The two bedroom suite was perfect for our family. The flat screen TV and WiFi gave us modern-day enjoyment. I didn't mind that the bedroom doors (suite 23) didn't latch since we were family. The beds and pillows were VERY comfortable! The bathroom had a very nice, new Kohler sink and toilet and nice, wide shower. (Caution: we slipped and almost fell several times on the kitchenette floor and on the bathroom tile. Maybe they should change to a less slippery floor cleaner!)

Our kids prefer sharing a bed with a parent rather than with brother/sister, so we obliged. One bedroom was more feminine feeling with a white and brass bed frame and floral wall paper, but my daughter choose the plain-walled room with the wooden headboard for the "girls room" because it had the mirror on the back of the door. It was a good choice because the more feminine room was also a drafty room -- good for those hot-sleeping males (a space heater is provided).

As is mentioned in other reviews, the breakfast in the basket isn't very impressive -- but it was all we really needed. I was surprised at the child-sized yogurt cup-- thought it would at least be a full sized cup. The juice is only a half cup serving also, but that is all we usually drink anyway. The bagels were a bit hard. The good items: The granola in a baggy was tasty and everyone decided the croissants were there favorite breakfast item.

This isn't a top-of-the line hotel, but perfect for us. This is not an over-the-top fancy, frilly Victorian hotel. It is a nice, comfortable, very clean place with an old-world charm for families Victorian hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed suite 23, but the bedroom doors don't latch. The kitchenette and bathroom floors are...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank HappyMom71
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I've been in 5 stars hotels and the worst motels you can imagine. Said this, I learned that the best place to stay is that one that makes you feel comfortable like at home. And this one meets that, what else do you need?
Yes, the furniture is old, not antiques, but they work as expected. My grandma should trow them away if they were broken but I appreciated the cozyness of old lamps and old frames, the charm of the gas fireplace. Besides this you enjoy free WiFi, digital TV, video, etc. The bathroom is just ok, but everything worked as expected. What I really found as a gem is such a personalized service that makes you feel special and welcomed.
Definitely next time I come back to this place.

• Stayed: January 2012
Captain Whidbey Inn
#1 of 2 in Coupeville
24.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim

Been to Bishop Victorian Hotel? Share your experiences!