Bishop Victorian Hotel
Aladdin Motor Inn(Port Townsend)
USD 91*
Tides Inn(Port Townsend)
USD 169*
Fort Worden(Port Townsend)(Great Value!)
USD 164*
USD 158*
Orbitz.com
Harborside Inn(Port Townsend)
USD 99*
Palace Hotel Port Townsend(Port Townsend)(Great Value!)
USD 165*
USD 161*
Hotels.com
Manresa Castle(Port Townsend)
USD 102*
  • Free Internet
USD 133*
Swan Hotel(Port Townsend)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbreakfast basketbreakfast deliveredking suitepicnic basketno elevatorgas fireplacethe main streetsecond floormicrowave popcornseparate bedroomsteep stairssmall kitchenettebagelseach morningwithin walking distancein townfitness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I've been in 5 stars hotels and the worst motels you can imagine. Said this, I learned that the best place to stay is that one that makes you feel comfortable like at home. And this one meets that, what else do you need?
Yes, the furniture is old, not antiques, but they work as expected. My grandma should trow them away if they were broken but I appreciated the cozyness of old lamps and old frames, the charm of the gas fireplace. Besides this you enjoy free WiFi, digital TV, video, etc. The bathroom is just ok, but everything worked as expected. What I really found as a gem is such a personalized service that makes you feel special and welcomed.
Definitely next time I come back to this place.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 16 January 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Bishop and were really excited since it was rated #1 on Trip Advisor. However, our experience would not warrant a high rating. We decided last minute to spend the night in Port Townsend and were able to get a room without an issue. We went up and looked it out and it looked wonderful to us. So we stayed. We had a one bedroom suite on the second floor. It was decorated with antiques and was just fine, we didn't encounter a dust or allergen issue that some of the other travelers had struggled with. The issues arose when we went to go to bed; I pulled down the sheets and found multiple hairs, long ones short ones, all sorts of hairs. I called down and the lady innkeeper came right up and changed them - she did mention she thought it was animal hair rather than human (I personally don't care what kind of hair - a hair is a hair). The next issue was that she left her portable phone next to the bed. So I called down to let them know and no one answered so I put it on out in the hall. Around 10 an hour later the phone started ringing and then the phone in our room rang. It would seem the male inn keeper was looking for the phone. They knew we were traveling with a toddler and the call woke her up. I was less than thrilled. This could all have been avoided if they had simply walked up the 25 steps to see if it was outside the door where they had last been. The next issue to arise concerned the shower, like the travelers before us experienced and wrote about, the water was cold - it took about 15 minutes to "warm" up to a luke warm temperature.
As we checked out in the morning the inn keeper apologized for the other calling so late and asked if we were able to get the baby back down, we did appreciate the concern and the apology.
Overall, it wasn't horrible, they were able to fix the sheets and were quick about it, the water wasn't freezing, but I feel like for the money we spent it could have been a lot better. I don't think we would return for another visit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the third floor - some have views of the ocean.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank TheTravelingStaggs
Reviewed 16 December 2011

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend to exchange Christmas gifts between family who live apart, and had a great experience. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They even let us use a meeting room to store our gifts, then lit the tree and had hot drinks ready when we were ready. We liked the decor and the room was clean and nice. They made sure we had enough linen and dishes for our party of 6. The stairs are steep but we only went up and down a few times over the weekend. You don't get this kind of service in a large hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2011

This is an old hotel in the heart of a very old town. Stay here if you want to immerse yourself in the history of Port Townsend. Don't stay here if you prefer a modern motel experience.

We (5 adults and one dog) spent two nights in Suite 16 just after Thanksgiving. We had stayed here before (15 years ago or so...) and remembered it fondly. This stay reinforced our appreciation for the hotel. As has been noted, the building is old (built in 1890), and the furniture is old (thought not quite antique, and not necessarily Victorian, but not run down). But the bathroom has been recently updated, the kitchenette was well-supplied, and the large flat-screen TV in the living area was far from old! The suite was just roomy enough for the 5 of us; with the hide-a-bed open it would be a bit of an obstacle course crossing the room on a mid-night trek to the bathroom--but our son solved that problem by sleeping on the un-opened sofa.

The weather was cold and windy, but we stayed comfortably warm just by using the gas-fed fireplace in the living room. There were portable electric space heaters in each bedroom, but we didn't need them. There was no sign of air-conditioning, so on one of Port Townsend's rare hot days, it may get pretty stuff in this old brick building.

It is true that there is no elevator, and our suite was on the second floor. We took many trips up and down that stairway, unloading the car and then loading it up again. If stairs are difficult, this may not be the place for you.

The outstanding feature of a stay at the Bishop Victorian is the friendly personalized service. I made the reservation by phone, and the man with whom I spoke was very detailed in his information. We needed a dog-friendly suite, so he took all the information about our spoiled corgi as well. We got the usual email confirmation, and a week before our trip we also received information about upcoming events in Port Townsend. When we arrived for check-in we were greeted by name, and upon arrival in the suite we found not only treats for our dog, but a dog bed, food and water dishes, and a basket of toys.

I had reason to speak with three different desk attendants, and each one knew my name AND my dog's name! The continental breakfast offered here is pretty typical, but its delivery is certainly not. Breakfasts are ordered the night before, from a list of available options, and your basket-o-breakfast is delivered to your door in the morning. No messy hotel breakfast room. No need to even get out of your robe. And if you need ice, just call the desk--it's delivered directly to your suite.

We will definitely visit here again--hopefully in less than 15 years.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2011

This is a great old hotel conveniently located in the town, but off the main drag. It needs an update on its furniture, bed linens, etc to continue to compete with the price point. We stayed on the first floor in a one bedroom suite that had window shades, however, the lights from the parking lot are very bright and on all night. The breakfast in the morning was what we had ordered, however, the bagel was very stale.

The people behind the desk were delightful and were very helpful in answering questions about the town and the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple