“Hidden Gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Townsend
Thornton House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #10 of 16 Port Townsend B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Had a lovely stay in the Thornton House Cottage... beautiful setting, gracious and friendly hosts, comfortable and tastefully decorated cottage with comfortable king bed, huge modern shower with both rain and handheld shower heads... I could go on and on! We will definitely stay here again and recommend it highly to others! Thank you to Barbara and Charles for sharing their wonderful home!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Conjetti H
There are newer reviews for Thornton House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I loved staying at Thornton House! Barb and Charlie are the perfect innkeepers,
they know when to be helpful and when to give their guests privacy. Barb is a fantastic cook, we loved the abundant breakfasts with homemade biscuits and yeast waffles. The grounds are beautiful and the neighborhood is quiet, comfortable and an easy walk to the stairs to lower PT.
You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KFarner
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We just spent our one year anniversary here with Barb and Charlie and loved every minute of it. We stayed in the cottage and spent a lot of time in the garden sipping coffee and enjoying the view. In the evening we took our complimentary Shari in the garden and brought home delicious dessert from the Owl Spirit Cafe and watched the sun set. Mornings were our favorite time here though, we loved the family style breakfast where we could meet fellow travelers from around the world and have a nice meal while sharing our stories over some of the best drip coffee I have ever had (and I'm from Seattle)! We loved the accommodations and the company so we will definitely be staying again and again and again....

OK, this part of the review from the 30 year old husband:
its a B&B, so I figured blue plates on the wall, squeaky wooden bed and 75 year old plumbing. I was wrong on all accounts! The food was very good, Barb and Charlie going out of their way to make sure all dietary concerns were met, the room was decorated comfortably and not full of antiques I was scared to use, had WiFi, cable, and a modern feel in the bathroom. I was more comfortable here than at the last Best Western I was in, and this was cheaper too. I am definitely going to recommend this place to anyone headed up there, not only a romantic place to stay, just an all around great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JamesKateFrank
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Loved staying at Thornton House. Barbara and Charlie are gracious hosts and the breakfasts are supurb. The location is within walking distance of uptown and downtown Port Townsend in a very quiet, eclectic neighbourhood. Ready to return to the comfortable home and lovely bedroom.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sheret
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I rarely give a five star review. The only other stay that has earned such was over three years ago. Thornton House is a B and B, and so visitors should expect such. A Bed and Breakfast should, in my opinion, emulate a stay at a family friend's house....maybe a family friend whose son is hoping to marry your daughter and wants to make a fabulous impression.

Charlie and Barbara were very gracious hosts. We stayed in the detached room which was spotless, comfortable and very private. The grounds are beautiful and Barbara was working in the garden while Charlie welcomed us and settled us in. We took a short walk into town for supper. Truly, the walk is hardly grueling, and I am a 40-something, pudgy woman who happened to have a broken toe at the time.

The recommendation for supper was spot-on. Breakfast the next morning was made by Charlie and served at a very civilized hour. Though I would have preferred fewer carbohydrates (we had waffles), I had not mentioned this preference beforehand. The food was fresh and very good, and breakfast conversation was lively.

I highly recommend this spot for a romantic get-away (we were celebrating an anniversary). When Charlie and Barbara set about refurbishing and remodeling this home they spared little expense and really did a wonderful job of modernizing while keeping the spirit of the home. Their new kitchen left me wanting a big remodel at my own home! The room in which we stayed was wonderfully comfortable, and none of the chipped old make-do furnishings and details normally found in so many of the B and Bs we have tried in the past. Nicely done!

Room Tip: The detached room is the one we chose and it was very quiet and very private and comfortable. I am...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple