“Great food! ”

Sweet Laurette Cafe and Bistro
Price range: USD 5 - USD 45
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We are a full service restaurant and bakery/cafe. We serve Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch and Dinner in our Bistro dining room and on our outdoor Patio. We serve pastries and espresso in our lively Cafe. We are French inspired with an emphasis on the bounty of the Northwest. We are a Farm to Table restaurant, sourcing from our local Farmers Market, and directly from our Farmers, Fishermen & women, Foragers, Bakers, Ranchers and local Cheese Creamery. Come join us for a memorable meal!
Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were here to celebrate our 2nd anniversary brunch date. I had the salmon sandwich and I loved it. My salmon was perfectly cooked and the bread was nicely toasted. And the salad was great too. The pancake is typical. The hot choco was very good. I had to send back the first hot choco I got because the cup has a crack. I forgot what my husband got but I remembered that he really loved it. The server gave us a rose before we left and greeted us happy anniversary. We left the restaurant happy. We will come back again for sure.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my breakfast so much I went back the next day for more! Loved the Carhart breakfast and the gluten free blueberry pancakes!!! ❤️

Reviewed 8 May 2017

My boyfriend and I were staying down by the waterfront, but all the restaurants we wanted to try were filled up for the night due to weddings in town that weekend, so we decided to head uptown and try this place.

First thing to know is that it's a very small room that is pretty much an open square, so there's very little privacy between you and other diners. Shortly after we ordered, a middle-aged couple came in and were seated at the table next to us, which was only about 2 feet away. We got to spend the entire meal hear them prattle on and on about their investments and financial prowess...kind of killed the romantic dinner we were hoping for.

Additionally, the table itself was tiny, so when the waitress first put down our menus, she accidentally placed them on top of the candle, and it ended up burning away the plastic and smoking up the room! But they didn't move us or anything (the smell dissipated once we moved it because we realized what had happened), which seemed odd at first but wasn't the end of the world.

Another difficult issue was the fact that they were sorely understaffed. For a busy Saturday night, they had two people waiting/hosting/busing the entire place! We had to wait a bit longer than we expected for our drinks and food. However, our waitress was so sweet and made a point to apologize to us for the long wait.

The highlight? The food was incredible. I had fresh mussels and clams and was not disapointed. Well-prepared, fresh, and filling. But best of all was the vegan chocolate cake we had for desert. Order it. You will cry tears of joy. You WILL need to share it with someone (it's huge!). You will not regret it.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

It isn’t often that I come away from a meal feeling that had Julia Child been in the kitchen, she couldn’t have done better. An appetizer of local mussels in a divine sauce (I could taste cream, wine, shallots and one or two fresh herbs), followed by lamb shanks. The latter were cooked slowly in an incredible reduction sauce, and served over polenta with perfectly steamed seasonal vegetables (sugar snap peas, carrots, asparagus). This wonderful meal was finished with ice-cream filled profiteroles, drizzled with another amazing (dark chocolate) sauce. Meals don’t get better than this – anywhere.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The restaurant was full but the staff graciously served us next door in the espresso bar section. The food was good and service was good, especially since we weren't on the restaurant side. Nice stop after visiting the Farmers Market just down the street.