All reviews master suite step back in time rose suite period clothing fudge wonderful hosts breakfast each morning other guests old victorian house is beautiful large dining table claw foot tub romantic getaway comfortable bed mid week third floor stayed one night
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We've just arrived back from 3 wonderful nights at the Old Consulate Inn. This is one of the best B&Bs we have ever stayed in. Today was the first day of the new year and Cindy and Nathan set the table beautifully with Christmas crackers, Nathan played the hurdy gurdy to welcome us to the breakfast table and Cindy prepared a delicous three course meal including some of the best eggs benedict we've ever had. It was a wonderful first meal of the new year. We stayed in two rooms during the 3 days and each room was clean, well-appointed and very comfortable. The owners included such personal touches as home made chocolates brought to each room every evening, homemade chocolate chip cookies left each day downstairs for guests to help themselves too, menus of all the best restaurants in town available for guests to browse, wonderful locally made shampoos, hand creams, etc put into each suite and individual tours for guests regarding the history of the lovely building. We definitely felt that we were not just staying at a generic B and B, but a place that had the feeling of a real home. The owners are very hard working,professional and warm. You will not be disappointed with your stay at the Consulate Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2011

My husband and I stayed in the tower room. I was planning this trip as a surprise for his birthday. I was a little concerned that the room was overly feminine looking, but found it very romantic upon arrival. The innkeepers left chocolates on our pillows and the claw foot tub came stalked with bath salts and local soaps. Our room had an amazing view and would be an ideal place to watch the waves, read a book, and drink your favorite beverage. I could hear the bells in my room, but they didn't impact my sleeping and added to the ambiance. Plus, earplugs are provided for lighter sleepers.

Breakfast was exceptional. We had three courses featuring poached pears and home made doughnuts, eggs Benedict with fruit, and gingerbread waffles. There was plenty to eat and conversation was pleasant without feeling uncomfortable. I sometimes hesitate about B&B's because I like my privacy, but the size of this home makes it feel very comfortable. I would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: The tower room has a great view, and gets great morning light.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I am not a "b&b" kind of girl; however, this place has made a convert out of me. Upon entering the door we felt right at home. Nathan and Cindy were so friendly and down to earth (as was their precious dog who I wanted to take home with us). We had the larger room which had a fireplace and turret sitting area---perfection. Variety of rooms to meet all tastes and budgets. Location was good for us. We partook in some dining and drinking and were glad for the leisurely stroll downtown (10 min). And last but not least...breakfast. AMAZING. You will be in a food coma afterwards, but there are worse positions to be in. Glad for the experience and will hopefully return in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I thought it might feel a bit strange staying at a B&B unaccompanied (I came to Port Townsend to conduct research), but I felt right at home. The gable room was really comfortable, the perfect size for one person, and the food was probably the best tasting and the most beautiful that I have ever eaten!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Dina S
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We spent a weekend at the Old Consulate Inn and loved it. The innkeepers, Nathan and Cindy, are warm and inviting, making each guest feel as though personally invited to stay at the Inn. Breakfast each morning is fantastic - Cindy goes all out with three courses that will give you all the fuel you need to tackle a day shopping on Water Street, taking a walk on the bluff, or enjoying the monthly Port Townsend art walk. The Tower Sweet was perfect for us; exceptional water views, a comfortable bed, and an en suite claw foot tub! We will definitely be back the next time we are in Port Townsend.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple