“Phenomenal Breakfast, Priceless View, Pleasant Service”
Review of Hudson Point Cafe

Hudson Point Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Phenomenal Breakfast, Priceless View, Pleasant Service”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

A clear Sunday in the Northwest is rare. This restaurant is even rarer. We arrived at 9:30 am and were seated within ten minutes. Our seat by the window was a view of harbor and mountains. The food was incredible. My wife's omelet was made with wild-gathered NW mushrooms. I loved the corned-beef accompanied by perfectly cooked poached eggs. The waitress was attentive but not overbearing. We felt welcome to linger and drink yet another cup of coffee. We will definitely be back. We have enjoyed other PT restaurants, but none as much as this one. ( We felt the price was extremely fair for Sunday brunch. Our total was $30.)

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Moolarue

Port Townsend, Washington
“The BEST scramble I've ever eaten!”
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We hadn't been to Hudson Point in ages so we went there this morning. I always have trouble selecting from their menu because everything looks fabulous to me. Today, their blackboard special was a lions mane wild mushroom omelet. Being a fan of scrambles rather than omelettes, I asked if they could switch it to a scam which they very graciously did.

I have NEVER had such a fabulous scram! It was cooked just perfectly - the eggs weren't dry, the spinach was glistening, the onions were sweet and cooked just right, as was the fresh red pepper. And they added just the right amount of creamy goat cheese. And the MUSHROOMS! I've never tasted "lions manes" before - and they're local! A new instant classic which I hope they will keep on the menu permanently (or as long as the lions manes are in season!) Goes without saying the potatoes, toast (and their FABULOUS raspberry jam) & coffee were their usual wonderful as well!

Our wait person was so personable - she was the icing on the cake for our visit.

GO!

Visited November 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Great Breakfast !!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Had the seafood omelet on 2 separate days. Food quality is very good, service is good. They do get slammed on weekends so sometimes serive suffers a little but you can't beat this place for breakfast. I will eat breakfast here when I'm in town

• Visited October 2011
Kingston, Washington
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 5 October 2011

My husband and I had breakfast here this morning,was so good.We can hardly wait to go back someday.Service was good there too.

• Visited October 2011
Portland, OR
“Already dreaming about going back...”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We stopped by this little cafe, off the beaten path, based an internet review (searched on "best restaurant in Port Townsend"). After visiting Pygmy Kayak, right next door, we had a wonderful lunch of clam chowder, crab cakes and home fried potatoes. The chowder was different...and fantastic. A clear, savory broth bursting with clam flavor and manilla clams served whole. The crab cakes were large and mostly crab. Even the home fries were special, cooked in butter and laced with crispy bits of shallot. The setting on the harbor was perfect. Go there! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited September 2011