“Terrible Value for Your Money” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Pasco
Kirkland
“Terrible Value for Your Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The hotel is walking distance to the TRAC convention center. This is the ONLY reason to stay at this hotel. The rooms (we had 2 executive suites) were clean enough, but the bed are AWFUL --extremely soft, making it difficult to get a good night's sleep. They put us by the elevator which was very noisy. Also, we were there for a group conference, and they refused to give us the group rate under a technicality, which meant that we paid $45 more per room (x2) just because they knew they could charge as much as they wanted. We paid almost $200 per room, which is as much as we pay for a 4-5 star hotel. This is a 2-star hotel at best. When I asked about the group rate, they were extremely rude, essentially indicating that because they were maximum capacity they could charge whatever they wanted. They obviously did not care to give us value for our money nor try to gain a loyal customer, so I will never stay at a Holiday Inn Express again. If you want value, try Hampton Inn instead.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JoannaKirkland
HIEPasco_Supervisor, Operations at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. All groups are offered a special discount that is offered up until a month prior to arrival. Our hotel has been booked for April special events since the beginning of the year and last minute room openings within the month would not qualify for the group discount. We try our very best to accomodate our guests and if a guest is not happy with their room, we do attempt to make changes to room assignments where possible if the matter has been brought to our attention.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Casa Grande, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

My stay here was very good and i definitely recommend this Inn to anyone. Good location, just minutes away from stores and a movie theater. Staff was very courteous and specifically remember the assistant manager, Art. He was of great help and made my stay at the Inn more pleasant. I would stay here again.

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Francisco S
Yakima, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

okay now i have given this motel 4 trys and they will not get another one out of me. the first time i stayed at the motel was jan 2011. i was given a rate of $ 99.00 a night. they put me in this room above the heaters and next to the elevator which kept me up all night and i couldnt sleep for 2 days because of it. they said they couldnt move me because they were full. i was offered nothing for this and haveing no sleep for 2 days. when i made this reservation the first part of january i went ahead and made my reservation for february as well becase i had a trade show to work both times. okay now my february reservation is coming up i called to make sure i was on the bottom floor and they said i would be. i never thought no more about it. well the tuesday before my reservation i was online checking my credit card which i do almost everyday and i noticed that i was already charged for my room. I called and asked them why my card was already charged when i wasnt due to be there until friday. they told me i was a no show and its there policy to charge for no shows. well it wasnt me who ever put in the computer my reservation days put it in for the wrong week end and did it the weekend before i was to be there. i was so upset. well they fixed my reservation (mind you this is 4 weeks after my first one) i again asked to make sure it was on the bottom floor and was told it would be. well i get there and where do they put me in the same room that they did the first time i stayed there. and again i get no sleep but this time they gave me a discount on the first night and charged me only $ 57.00 and said they couldnt move me because they are full, but for the second night they charged me $ 198.95, yup your read that right one hundred ninty eight dollars and ninty five cents. i was so upset but what could i do i was stuck and they had my credit card number. okay now its one year later. and again the first week in january i made my reservations for both trade shows one at the end of january and the second the end of february. for the January reservation i left work 3 hours early due to bad weather and showed up to check in. again they were going to put me in that same room, but i got there early enough that i nformed them i asked for the bottom floor and was told i would get it so they did give it to me and charged me $ 99.00 a night. which i was quoted everything was good, slept great. when i was there i went to the counter and asked the gal if she would please make sure i was on the bottom floor and put in there not to move me. my rate was quoit was for $ 125.00 per night. i was happy until in february i seen on line that my card had a sale pending for the holiday inn express for $ 180.00 the day before i was to arrive i called and asked them why my card was charged before i got there and they told me that my rate was $ 159.00 and said no i was told it was $ 125.00 and they said that i has cancelled that reservation and made a new one online. I said I did not asked to talk to the manager and he told me the same thing. well then i asked hime what day was my reservation cancelled and he told me frbruary 13th and i asked him when my new one was made and he said february 13th. i said now does that make sence to cancel a reservation and remake it for the same day at a higher rate (remind you i didnt canel ) he said no it didnt and he changed the price back down to the original $ 125.00, then when i got there where do they put me in that same room above the heaters ( i was so pissed) i was up night again going up and down to the main floor couldnt sleep teh two people that was working the counter kept saying that they felt bad i couldnt sleep and they have had complaints on that room before now remind you this is the 3rd time i am stuck in this same room getting no sleep and they have no where to move me to. well about 4 in the morning i called customer service and talked to them they said as far as being able to promise me a room in particular they couldnt do that but they try. but she understood why i was upset not being able to sleep and being stuck in this same room (which is room 218 by the way) she gave me a case number and i gave the phone (my Cell) to the gal working behind the counter she gave her the case number and told her to make sure the manager get it. well i still didn't get any sleep but about 7:30 they finelly was able to move me to a new room. i told them that they sould comp. me a night sence this is the third time this has happed to me. well that after noon i talked to the same manager on the phone about what was going on and how this is the third time that i have been stuck in this room and he said that they would comp me a night, but then he told the gal working not to do it and she even turned her back to me and went around the side where i couldnt see her to talk to him which i thought was rude. well the gale said that he said they couldnt do anything for me but she was going to adjust my bill Bill by
$ 36.32 and asked me if that would make me happy and said not really but what cani do my hands are tied. well she did make the adjustment and manager came in and changed it back and said that they wernt going to give me anything that they had problems with me in the past. well yea when you treated like you are nothing and then get charged for it tell me that wouldnt upset you after awhile. well when they cashed out my bill they put it on two seperate bills, one looks like i received the adjustment, the other shows the same amount add on as miscellaneous other and get this on both receipts they have the same room number down making it look like i stayed in the same room both nights. i tell you i have never stayed at such a disrespectful place in my life and for the manager to say they have had problems with me in the past well yea they have for good reason and if was you , you would be just as upset as i am and i will never stay there again and who ever taught the manager how to be a manager she has no clue what it takes and should not have her job. and the morning i left i seen a pamplet that said satifaction garanteed or your stay is free yea right not at this place they act like they have you by the balls. Thank you all for the ears

Room Tip: go to a different motel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
14 Thank PAULINE H
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear Paulineh4,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I believe that the person with the 1 Star review below has this place mixed up with another of the 3 in the area. The one I stayed in once in Richland I won't go back to, but this one is fantastic! The rooms are freshly updated, extra large, with sitting areas and little kitchettes. The staff was exceedingly accommodating, friendly on top of things at all times. AND, the bed was really comfortable. The breakfast was the same HI fare everywhere.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Kerrypdx
Brea, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

The hotel was just off the main road with lots of shops and places to eat. The convention area had just a live stock show of some sort, so there was a barn yard animal smell at the time we stayed. The hotel was similar to all other hotels we stayed at. Good breakfast, friendly check-in. A good quick over night stay.

I will say though, we slept so well that night that we didn't wake up on time for what we had planned for the day. Ended up getting to Crater Lake, OR a bit late =P The beds were super comfy!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank travelP2P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pasco
0.3 km away
6.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
7.6 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites? Share your experiences!