“Mis leading hours”

Fujiyama Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #166 of 369 Restaurants in Olympia
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I come to this resturant reguarley and would normally give 4 or 5 stars; however, on this occasion I arrived at 8.00 on a Sunday evening to have the resturant staff tell me that they had closed. Every single source (online, outside the door, etc) stated that they close at 9.00. So either the staff lied to go home early, or the owners can't be bothered to change the sign. Either way I am very dissapointed.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Positives: Lots of food, entertaining show from the chef, easy to make reservations online.
Negatives: Not a private dining experience, impossible to carry on a meaningful conversation with friends or family, you are seated next to strangers who may or not be pleasant people, the food is cooked and served one dish at a time, so by the time my chicken was served, my fried rice and vegetables were long gone. It was very cold and breezy were we sat (opposite the door to the kitchen), it's loud in there, it's relatively expensive, and we felt rushed by the waiter to leave once dinner was over.
As a gimmicky thing to do on a special occasion, fine. Otherwise, give me a slower-paced, more formal dining experience.

1  Thank AreWeHavingFunYet
Reviewed 5 December 2017

food tasted like reheated frozen food. Airplane food - the McDonalds of Japanese steak houses. Dont waste your $.
Service was very good.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Smokey atmosphere, not very entertaining (tired chef), so much food as to make it unappealing, greasy tempura, limited sauces provided, vegetables cooked on the same grill as meat which is not cool for vegetarians/vegans and not very authentic Japanese and extremely limited menu. The one redeeming factor was a most pleasant and apologetic hostess/waitress.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

My boyfriend and I decided to take my 17 year old son. He enjoyed the show and the food very much. The atmosphere was friendly and we had a great time. It will be an experience that none of us will ever forget. My son was able to get his rice and chicken the way he likes it. The food was amazing and, those set at the station were also very pleasant. We hope to go back one more time before we move.

1  Thank Kathy T