“A bit of a disapointment”

Saigon Rendez-Vous Restaurant
Ranked #127 of 362 Restaurants in Olympia
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I was so excited when I heard they served almond chicken, I was counting down the days until we could go.

What a disappointment! I was served what looked like thin frozen chicken sandwich patties covered in brown gravy.

My dinning companion ordered mongolian beef and received a fresh, tasty meal.

In a snapshot: Nice atmosphere, good service, air conditioning. If I was to return, I would probably bypas anything chicken.

Reviewed 4 May 2017

The restaurant is ridiculously dusty and I had to ask for a new water glass back because there was lipstick on the rim. The vegan and vegetarian offerings continue to make this a popular dive stop for the college crowd, but the dumplings are about what you could get from the freezer at Trader Joe's.

Reviewed 12 April 2016

On the door is a Best of Olympia 2015 sticker but I find that hard to believe. The first table I selected had smears of sauce on corners of the glass top. It looked like someone had wiped down the table but the bar towel wasn't up to the job. As I walked to another table, my shoes scritched over tacky spots on the floor. I probably should have walked out and found another place but I was tired and hungry and wanted noodles with veggies. I ordered a cup of hot and sour soup and entree of soba noodles with sauteed vegetables. Instead of serving my soup right away, the server left me sitting there while the entree was prepared. Then she brought everything at once. The soup was over-thickened (ick response), lacked the usual tofu and egg, and the matchstick veggies were cut too big. The soba noodles with veggies were oily and the dish tasted like a cheap bottled sauce had been used. The sauteed veggies were okay (not overcooked) but there wasn't enough in terms of variety and quantity. I got there between 7:30 and 8:00 pm. Only one other table was occupied.

Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

Great location. Extensive menu meant to please the palates of all. However, the plates my friend and I received were flavorless and lacking any imagination or eye appeal. The rice noodles in the spring rolls were old and dry, the entrees were spicy hot but lacking flavors. The sweetest owner you'd ever hope to meet having retired from state government. It seems that the restaurant is more of a hobby than a passion.

Reviewed 3 March 2016

on a weekday afternoon I was the only person in the restaurant. The owner/waiter was watching something on his laptop at the back of the restaurant. Eventually he waited on me. I knew what I wanted to order: Pho and a spring roll. I was disappointed in the rather tasteless chicken pho. The serving was large, as was the single spring roll. The price seemed high for what I bought. Otherwise the restaurant is clean and the menu is quite large. I would go back again and try something else on the menu before i gave up on it.