“Fun atmosphere! ”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olga
Doe Bay Resort & Retreat
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Olga
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

We arrived to the resort around 10pm. The office building was lit with romantic ambient outdoor lighting. Our key was clipped (along with half a dozen others) and waiting for us. The atmosphere was light with laughter, that echoed over the bay. It reminded me of Summer camp! Parking was a bit limited, arriving on a Saturday evening. Included in our envelope was a map of the resort, with highlighted directions to our yurt, out on the bluff. The trail was well groomed and lined with trail lights, which were hit or miss- some worked, some didn't. Glad we had a lantern. We arrived to the Orca yurt, one of the off the grid yurts out in the bluff camping area and were pleasantly surprised to find that it did indeed have a light (solar powered) and a USB plug in- wish we would have known, I would have brought our phone charger! Inside, the yurt was very basic, an iron patio set (not very comfortable) and a bed. Obviously not 5 star or anything. The sheets though. Worst I've ever slept on! They kept us sufficiently warm, but I couldn't have any exposed skin touching the sheets or I would itch like crazy! One of the window screens had a huge gash in it, I didn't notice many bugs coming through- but should probably be fixed.

The setting of this yurt (the Orca) was amazing, nestled on the bluff overlooking the bay. I honestly think this is was the PREMO location, best of them all!!!! I certainly would not have left 4+ stars if we had ended up in one of the "on the grid" yurts that are located on the other side of the resort/bay, way back in the trees with zero view of the bay! Even the geo domes didn't have as great of views as the Orca Yurt (in my opinion). I would really love to come back and tent camp in one of the sites out on the point as well!

In the morning we decided to try to beat the rush to the hot tubs, as soon as they opened. We were the first there, but it filled up quickly. Several guests opted for no clothing... Luckily, we had a tub to ourselves and were able to make a smooth exit with our 10 year old, without seeing more than a few bare buns! I really wish it wasn't clothing optional, or at least had set times for it (like after 7pm) as there were quite a few families with children at the resort. Still glad we were able to enjoy it, even for a little while. Nothing better than relaxing in the hot tub with a beautiful view of the bay.

We then visited the resorts restaurant for breakfast, before checking out. Staff was friendly but the wait time was VERY slow! We waited nearly an hour after being seated for our food and water was room temp. If we didn't have only one day to see the Island the wait wouldn't have been such a big deal... The pad see ew was highly recommended and several others ordered it as well. I enjoyed it very much- good flavors. My son and husband had the basic breakfast (smashed potato, biscuit, and 2 eggs) which looked down right boring and a bit bland, husband didn't think it was worth $9.

All in all, we had a lovely time and I would love to come back and unwind for a longer period.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth D

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

This review is for the Doe Bay Cafe, part off the resort.

The setting and view are fantastic. The staff are very friendly. We mentioned it was our anniversary and they brought us champagne right at the start.

The food was off the charts. We began with the sourdough loaf, a small one perfect for two. It came with a delicious butter that had nasturtiums. Very tasty.

We followed that with sides of smoked peppers, and the other smoked heirloom tomatoes. We lived both but the tomatoes were off the charts. So, so, good.

My wife had sockeye salmon who's she really liked. I had the special of tagliatelle, and squid. It was incredible.

We rounded dinner off with the cheesecake. Again, fantastic.

Highly recommend this restaurant.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We had several great meals during our vacation on Orcas Island, but Doe Bay was our favorite. It's tucked away on the far southeastern tip of the island, with lovely views and well worth the drive if you're staying in Eastsound or further afield. Creative dishes, excellent service, good wine list - and no extra charge for the seal sighting in the water nearby. We'll consider staying here on our next trip; the location is peaceful yet family friendly.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017

spent 5 days at this resort, in cabin called Agri - 2 bedrooms 1 bath - basic , clean enough, good location......well enough equipped for basic cooking......but the best part is the location - on beautiful Doe Bay at a quiet end of Orcas Island - beautiful water, nice forests and best of the best - 3 beautiful soaking hot tubs in a spectacular setting!

note - some of staff were most helpful - one woman in office was downright rude........see our review of the restaurant - had very mixed experience there.....

Room Tip: we liked cabin Agri above the field - but looked around in Harbor House which is right on the water...