“Dinner and breakfast”

Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mukilteo Speedway
Transit: Whidbey Island Ferry, Sound transit light rail, Metro busses.
Description: This location is temporarily closed. Stay tuned for more information for when we'll re-open. Ivar’s Mukilteo Landing is pleasantly situated on the water next to the ferry dock in historic Mukilteo, just 30 minutes north of Seattle. From the scenic dining room and outside deck, you can watch the ferries come and go as you enjoy mouth-watering seafood and a wide assortment of Ivar's famous original recipe entrees and many other Northwest favorites. Ivar's Mukilteo Landing is open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 24 March 2021

Although they recommend reservations due to operating at limited capacity, we were early enough on a Sunday night that we were able to get a great table at the window right when we walked in. As it was for our 35th anniversary, we started with mini-bottles of Korbel Brut and wifey had a cup of the lobster bisque, which she loved. Being a devoted carnivore, I had the steak which was quite tender albeit just a touch underdone (I ordered medium rare, but it had a small strip of blue in the center, but it wasn't enough to worry about.) Wifey had the crab cakes entree, which she loved for the minimal filler. For dessert, we had the snickerdoodle burnt cream and the chocolate decadence. The burnt cream was a bit grainy, but tasty. The chocolate decadence was fabulous!

The hotel next door has room service from Ivar's, including breakfast from 9 to noon. I had the largest one (can't remember the name of it) but it had a large portion of scrambled eggs, several strips of bacon, grilled andouille, a good-sized amount of Yukon gold hash browns, and a large cheddar biscuit. Everything arrived hot, and although the eggs were rather stiff, everything was delicious and my hunger was quite sated.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Mapamagician
Write a reviewReviews (976)

Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

Great happy hour fish and chips. About half price from regular memo. Friendly service, fresh hot fish served hot. Table service on the water at fast food prices. We go often.

Date of visit: February 2021
2  Thank Hellosteph111
Reviewed 14 January 2021 via mobile

My friend and I went down to the water for lunch on a sunny day in January and we chose Ivar’s. They were not busy so order was taken right away. The person taking our order seemed rushed but was pleasant. He was much more pleasant when we got our food.
We were both pleased with our meal. I love the consistent quality of Ivar’s and their clam chowder is the best.

Date of visit: January 2021
1  Thank Claudette C
Reviewed 1 November 2020

Oh my gosh. This was the best birthday lunch for my friend! We arrived here at 11:30 and were greeted by menus wishing my friend a happy birthday (by name). Customized menus, how cool! We got a window seat and ordered an appetizer (Maine scallops with bacon onion jam topping, it was scrumptious). Then we each ordered lunch, my crab cakes were superb. Then we ended with a free dessert for our friend (chocolate decadence with raspberry sauce) and a yummy snickerdoodle burnt cream to share. Everyone declared the food to be magnificent. And the service was wonderful, our waitress CARLIE was so personable and really went the extra mile taking several pictures for us (I made sure to tip her extra well). I made sure to check into FB and did a great review there as well because honestly Ivar's made our day with everything they did. Thanks! Jo Ann Z.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 11 August 2020

They are open for inside dining. They have also extended their patio to the side of the building for more outdoor seating. We sat in the bar area. All the staff had masks on and we had an outstanding waiter (Nick). Food was delicious as usual. Glad to have them reopened!

Date of visit: August 2020