“A must stop”

Fishin Hole Family Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Montesano
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Have tried other restaurants in the area, but they all fail in comparison. Jerri makes you feel welcome. As a life long resident, she can tell you about the town and make you feel part of the family. The food is always fresh and very tasty. Recommed stopping by if in the area. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Very good service. The Ribeye steak was cooked perfectly. Added sautéed prawns, they were cleaned and cooked perfectly. The vegetables were the best I have had in a long time.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Staff is friendly. the name tells you what the décor is. Everything to do with the local fishing holes. Have not had a bad meal. Captains plate is excellent.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Very good food here, we ate here a few times while staying at the RV park. The food was good, the staff were always friendly and there was not a long wait for the meal. Mainly locals go here.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I am a creature of habit. However, I've been working on changing myself to try something different. I'm so glad that I did that this time!

This restaurant is on the highway 107 intersection with highway 8 between Olympia and Aberdeen. It's the exit one would take to shortcut south to US 101 and points beyond. Even for those continuing west - or even east - the highway 8 on/off ramps are right there!

Inside, the restaurant is spacious, adorned with fishing "stuff." My only beef was the temperature, which was quite cold, the staff attributing that to the HVAC system, which they surprisingly were powerless to adjust. They suggested eating at an interior table. That, folks, was my main criticism of this place.

The salad was meager in amount, but fortunately the main meal went far beyond that. The apple cider salmon, which is apparently not offered regularly, was to die for. I had to deliberately slow my typical fast-eating tendency down, close my eyes, and savor each bite. I saved the bulk of the salmon for last. The other special part of the meal were the vegetables. They didn't seem like they were the ultimate, fresh off the farm, as I've enjoyed at one place (until they got commercialized), but they were close.

I wouldn't recommend the carrot cake: it was dominated by the thick icing.

1  Thank brifd1