“First time!”
Review of El Lago

El Lago
Ranked #36 of 77 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Really delicious food and good prices (average $13-15 per plate). The tamale was moist and not dry- huge plus! I was disappointed in the sangria (Fridas still has THE best!!!)- it's strong, just doesn't have the best flavor. Will definitely be back though! Can't wait to try to sizzling steak fajitas- smelled AMAZING!!!! Staff was also friendly, a little slow getting our tab to us, but we weren't in a rush.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 3 February 2017

Very pleased with how fresh and flavorful our food was. My wife and I stopped
in on a Thursday evening as we had not yet eaten at El Lago. What we found
was a very nice relaxed atmosphere, great service, and food with wonderful
flavor. Several things on the menu sounded delicious and it was difficult in the end
to choose. We enjoyed our meals so much that on the way home we started planning
what to order on our next visit.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank Sasmo17
Reviewed 8 December 2016

We enjoy eating authentic Mexican food at this family friendly restaurant. Also very good prices. We have visited a number of times in the past few months. They also Ave a wonderful outside seating area with a view of the lake (El Lago) during the spring and summer. Very friendly wait staff.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Dinner with friends was the reason for the visit. We have seen this location change from another style restaurant to a Mexican food place and thought we would try it out. Service was average.
A friend had suggested we get the Verde salsa to go along with our chips. I had asked our server about it and he said they didn't have it. We stated our frind had just been there and had some but he insisted that they don't have it. When our drinks arrived I asked that server about the Verde salsa and he said "sure, I'll get some for you". Our server never said anything about it when he saw it on our table but also didn't come by again until we were done.
The menu was very pedestrian. I was hoping for something special or maybe different than all of the standard American version of Mexican food but alas no.
There are many better restaurants in the Monroe area, and my favorites are on Main Street. I would direct you there before trying El Lago.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 11 August 2016

This gem sits looking west to Lake Tye and meadow's. Lovely outdoor seating along with tiered seating inside so all have a great view. Staff is terrific and the menu full of your favorites along with some wonderful new dishes. Don't miss it!

Date of visit: July 2016

Been to El Lago? Share your experiences!