“Good but over priced”
Review of Route 2 Taproom

Route 2 Taproom
Ranked #15 of 77 Restaurants in Monroe
Price range: USD 8 - USD 16
Description: Route 2 Taproom is serving the best of the independent brewers in the Pacific Northwest. Our food is a flavorful mix of pub fare such as burgers and fish and chips along with a few tasty surprises! We have curated the finest of beer and our 48 taps are always flowing with awesome beer, cider and even a few wines.
Reviewed 14 January 2016

The menu is limited, the beer is expensive, and the paper plates and plastic cutlery clash with the high prices. But the rids and sides are good.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

If you don't drink beer and need gluten free options, don't go here. With that said, there seems to be plenty of seating, both indoors and out. There are TV screens in several locations, lots of beer choices (the prices are listed on a screen on the wall). They do have a wine option (choose by color) and they do offer a combo lunch special. I imagine it might be a good place to go to watch a sports game.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

Note - if I were rating them purely on beer, 4 stars, on food, two.

They have a very good selection of beer, and while some complain the prices are high, it is about what I'd expect for craft beer in nearby Redmond. Maybe a bit high for Monroe, a little higher than the Tasting Room, which has less variety, but very good beer.

I would like to be able to go there for dinner with my wife, but I don't eat meat other than seafood. If they had _something_ for vegetarians, I'd go. It's also unusual for a restaurant in the Seattle metro area not to have any fish or seafood at all. It is really bad business to be unable to accommodate people with different needs at all.

Service was excellent, waitress was very friendly and attentive. If you like sports, they have a projection TV that's huge, and several big screens. It was great to watch the football game without squinting.

Another complaint - they close really early (9 pm) for what I consider a bar. They should be open later.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

nice selection of beers, but hard to find the prices until you see your beer tab. Always ask first. Look online - no prices there either. I ordered a small (half pint) of beer and it was $6. Too much for a micro beer that's not a full pint.

1  Thank Glenn F
Reviewed 3 November 2015

The beer was great, the BBQ was to die for and the service was fast and great. It is easy to find, filled will locals and visitors. It is worth the visit

Been to Route 2 Taproom? Share your experiences!