“Excellent choices good food”
Review of Route 2 Taproom

Route 2 Taproom
Ranked #15 of 77 Restaurants in Monroe
Price range: USD 8 - USD 16
Description: Route 2 Taproom is serving the best of the independent brewers in the Pacific Northwest. Our food is a flavorful mix of pub fare such as burgers and fish and chips along with a few tasty surprises! We have curated the finest of beer and our 48 taps are always flowing with awesome beer, cider and even a few wines.
Reviewed 3 September 2015

We went to Route 2 Taproom for lunch. We had the tater tots covered in pulled pork, cheese and bbq sauce. Yum. The beer selection was excellent, just hard to read on their tv reader board.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Stopped in after hearing this place has some great beers on tap. Wasn't disappointed!! Had a Bale Breaker IPA out of Yakima, and a No-Li IPA out of Spokane - both were killer. We also had some of their wings and the tater-tots smothered with pulled pork, cheese, and BBQ - Danger! These were awesome:)....We sat and talked to both of the owners while enjoying our beers, and they were both good people - we will definitely be going back. They have a huge outdoor patio, and the inside has plenty of big TVs for catching the game. Would be a good place to have beers and catch the Hawks games...Nice to see a new place like this close by.

Reviewed 5 August 2015

As someone who appreciates a good glass of well-crafted beer I was really looking forward to stopping in at this new establishment in Monroe. We picked a hot day to escape to the Taproom to sample the suds. There are LOTS of choices for crafted beers, which, if they are as good as what we ordered you won't be disappointed. Prepare to spend an average of $7.00 for a 13-16 ounce glass. We ordered dinner during our visit. I chose the 1/2 chicken. My wife ordered the pulled pork tacos. The tacos had a very generous amount of pulled pork and were very tasty. I ordered the 1/2 chicken and while the chicken was cooked very nicely it lacked the smokey flavor and aroma that I would have expected from a BBQ dish. It was good. Not great. The 4 BBQ sauces ranged from a mild Carolina vinegar based sauce to extra hot. Dinners come with coleslaw and a side of choice. I chose the mac and cheese which was very good. Overall, it did not make me want to return soon, however, when I do I will try one of the signature BBQ pork dishes and hope to sample other beers.
The excellent wait staff was everything you could want. Knowledgeable, courteous, prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

I was in the Seattle Area for a short trip. I was able to meet up- with an old friend in the Snohomish/Monroe area. He told me about a taproom that just opened a couple of weeks ago. I told him "taproom" was all he needed to say. Upon arrival I notice the smell of smoked meats in the air and was happily surprised by the selection of great Pacific Northwest beer on tap. If you have any interest in how good beer can be, swing on in to Route 2. I was able to sample some different things and chose a beer I really enjoyed. The person serving us at the bar was very knowledgeable and a pleasure to chat with. I wanted a bite to eat but was not overly hungry. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and cole slaw. They don't bury the smoked pork in sauce which lets the smoked flavor come through. Sauce comes on the side. I noticed an item on the menu named "BBQ SUSHI". Please ask about it. (especially if you like gouda cheese and bacon) I was able to share a bit with my friends and I thing that was the best thing I ate during my trip to Seattle and also the best thing in recent memory. Swing on in and support a great local business and get some of the best local beers! A+ for food, service and overall experience.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

We are fortunate to live near a really great new restaurant that will be opening with full service this Thursday (7/9/15). Although they were not ready for full service when we went, the food that was served was exceptionally good. My husband had a pulled pork and I had a pulled chicken sandwich, served with cole slaw. The tacos that were served to an adjacent table looked delicious. About 50 beers on tap promise to have something for everyone's taste. The non-alchoholic choices were not quite as extensive but just as interesting with specialty sodas. Desserts were promised to be on the full menu. Route 2 Taproom is definitely worth a trip to Monroe, WA. See you there!

Been to Route 2 Taproom? Share your experiences!