“Lovely leisurely lunch!”

The Dashing Dutchman
Ranked #7 of 76 Restaurants in Monroe
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 30 June 2017

Continuing the alliteration trend, food fabulous. In a town of chain restaurants, this place stands out although hard to find even with GPS. They are located in a corner of the shopping center. We arrived around 12:30 and had a nice lunch for two for $30. My salad with deluxe grilled chicken was very fresh and generous in size. I was hungry and it was good. My friend enjoyed the Chop Chop sandwich. They feature some local sodas. Service was good, but not great. The interior is unusual with a large bar area around the kitchen. Would return!

Reviewed 23 May 2017

My friends and I love to have lunch here. I love the African Peanut Soup and the black and blue sandwich. The service was good.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This place is fantastic. I had the roast beef sandwich on rye with the Gorgonzola and garlic sauce. So delicious. House salad was wonderful as well. Highly recommend this for a unique lunch.

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Very good sandwich. But it would be better if it was toasted. But I will go there for lunch now that I know it is there.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

If you want a good sandwich, and good soups (try the African peanut soup- warmly spiced and delicious (ask for a sample if you are leery).

A good variety of sandwiches, the salads are phenomenal the house salad is my favorite! The Reuben is very good. Don't expect a ton of meat, the sandwiches are well balanced in my opinion.

Pick this small shop over Sub, Jimmy, and even J. Mike's ( my favorite Sub shop)...

Been to The Dashing Dutchman? Share your experiences!