“Good teriyaki”

Kami Teriyaki and Sushi
Ranked #34 of 77 Restaurants in Monroe
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Kami Teriyaki was open on Sunday, so we decided to try them for a quick dinner. We both had Teriyaki Chicken and the chicken was better than most teriyaki places, but the actual teriyaki sauce felt a bit thinner than most places. I suspect the thinner sauce is more authentic Japanese, while common Seattle teriyaki is sweeter. If I went again I might try the sushi, but that won't work for my wife. Overall this was a small amount better than the other two teriyaki places we have tried in Monroe, but still not up to the best in 20 miles. But it was open on Sunday, while most teriyaki places are closed on Sunday.

Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

Self serve. Rolls were acceptable but I'd suggest driving out of Monroe to find something better. Had to order California roll from off menu because it's not listed.

Reviewed 18 November 2016

A great place for fast take out teriyaki. It is a small restaurant and it can get crowded because of the popularity. They do have tables for dining but I would recommend take out unless your in a hurry or just hungry and don't want to wait. The food is great and the menu has alot to choose from. regular teriyaki, Japanese Bento Boxes and sushi. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 26 April 2016

I was very surprised to see sushi in the small town of Monroe, WA, but this place has some. Mostly the usual rolls. It was fine, nothing great. The service lacks a little ... then girl working the front didn't seem to care too much about my business and it took a long time to get a simple to-go order filled. Overall, decent selection of food and decent quality. Worth going to if you get a hankerin' for some sushi rolls or teriyaki dinners.

Reviewed 14 January 2016

Casual, fast, friendly counter service. I love the chicken bento and order it to go all the time. Phone in your order and it will be ready when you arrive. Good sushi for a take out place.

Been to Kami Teriyaki and Sushi? Share your experiences!