“dissapointed”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Brew Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 May 2018

I was a little disappointed, I was hoping for more. My rating is as high as it is because my husband liked his burger. I had the smoked brisket, I got 3 slices and they were very fatty, too much BBQ sauce the flavor should have come from the meat and the smoke not the ton on sauce on the plate. I love mashed potatoes and was underwhelmed by the potatoes. I am not sure what they did to the veggies but the poor broccolini was over cooked and limp, I think it was broccolini. The corn bread was good. Also, my husband did enjoy the beer. I had “brewed” ice tea, it didn’t seem fresh.

After we ate we were sitting around looking around, the place needs a face lift. At least two of the tables I looked at had wads of paper stuck under the legs to even out the tables, I realize this happens but on of the legs had a very noticeable wad of paper under the leg. The tables have seen many years and could use some love. A good dusting is in order as well.

Wanted to love it but couldn’t.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is an amazing place. The chef/owner believes in FRESH. Each meal is prepared from scratch to order. With a surprising variety to choose from for a smaller establishment You almost can't go wrong regardless of your tastes. While I am not a beer person, other of my friends praise the brewery just as highly as the food.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

I really, really wanted to like Adam's. Reading the reviews and perusing the website, I was expecting a real farm-to-table-type experience with very fresh food.

Unfortunately, it just wasn't to be. Some of the dishes, like the brisket, just felt under-flavored. And most items we tried just felt.. heavy.

To be fair, there are certainly some positives. My beer was fantastic, the service was great, and the restaurant is very reasonably-priced. I just wish they could turn the dial up a little bit higher.

1  Thank Brad W
Reviewed 14 December 2017

Dinner is wonderful; great food. We have been to Adams several times over the years and started to find the menu good but a little stale; we were pleased to find recently that the menu had been updated and the new menu is fantastic. I think restaurant is in need of a remodel but I understand of course that remodels are not cheap. The owner, Adam, is a great guy and is frequently found in the kitchen or talking with customers. He is very involved in the community which is nice. I find the beer brewed in the adjacent brewery to be so so. There are many other local breweries that are much better. However,m I haven't had the Adam's beer in a couple years so it may be improved.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Good cuisine at a reasonable price in Monroe WA. This is perhaps the closest place to a fine dining restaurant in Monroe