“TOTALLY SATISFIED”

Evergreen Inn and Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Monroe
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I am staying @ Guesthouse Inn&Suites in Monroe, WA. The service here is on my top 10 list of Hotels that I have stayed at in the last 20yrs. I must say that all of the Hotel Staff is friendly and very helpful in making a person/persons stay here very Welcoming. The Rooms are very spacious, neat and tidy. Seems to have newer and updated furniture in each rooms that I have seen, along with myself 2 of my fellow Co-workers are also staying here and we are very pleased with everything here at the Guesthouse. And most important the Housekeeping Staff is TOP NOTCH in my book , as I worked in the Hotel industry for 9 yrs in Myrtle Beach,SC .....the girls here do just as good here as they did there maybe a little better job and will do as you request to make you comfortable as you stay in your room (as long as it pertains to the room). The Hotel is close to shopping for all your needs and quite a few fast food places too eat and really nice resturants, few bars and eating outdoor food joints. No complaints here at all, But a SPECIAL THANKS to all the Hotel Front-Desk Staff & Housekeeping for doing an EXCELLENT JOB !!! Sincerely Robert Coker Room 311

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank oobab

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I planned a trip to Monroe for the birth of my son’s first baby. His wife had recommended the Guesthouse Inn commenting that, “it looks like the nicest in town.” I was concerned that my allergies would act up as the Inn allows animals. I initially made reservations for one night and planned to move to a different hotel/inn if my allergies acted up. I stayed the entire week. I was also impressed at how well-maintained the room was. I found no evidence of animals and my allergies were never affected even though I am quite allergic to both cats and dogs. I am not sure how old the Inn is, but it appears rather new. It is well kept up--the grounds, the foyer, and the rooms. I didn’t hear other patrons or staff during the night or early morning--at anytime, hence, I was never disturbed. I like to walk and the area around the Inn boasts of perfect walking routes all around, and the Inn does have a workout room which is a plus if I can't get outside. My husband and I are returning to Monroe next month. Upon leaving, I made reservations for us to stay at the Guesthouse Inn--I had previously made reservations at a B&B, but canceled them to return to the Guesthouse Inn knowing how comfortable we will be. And, the location is perfect for us to visit our new grandson OFTEN.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Toni H
Reviewed 16 September 2010

My husband and I stay at the Guesthouse Inn regularly, at least once a month, since his mother is in an assisted facility nearby. Sometimes we travel together; sometimes we come to Washington individually. We ALWAYS stay at the Guesthouse Inn if we can get in there because it's the most comfortable place in town, conveniently located to everything, reasonably priced, and the staff is great! I stayed in another facility in town before I discovered the Guesthouse Inn and there's no comparison. That place came in a distant second to Guesthouse. Yes, the train does come through town late at night, but the hotel doesn't control that and the location is great for eating, shopping, and getting anywhere in town quickly. I haven't tried the breakfast bar yet, but it looks pretty darned good.

They also have a computer in the lobby for guest use so I was able to check my email and respond.

I think this is the best place in Monroe to stay!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank vollywolly
Reviewed 11 September 2010

I wanted a suite so I could sleep in a separate room from my parents, who have conditions that cause them to snore loudly.

On arrival, I found that the "suite" is really just a larger room. There is no separation between the two sleeping areas.

Define a suite: an accommodation comprising of more than one room.

It's bad enough to misuse a word that is in your name. But to make matters worse, Guesthouse refused to refund my money, since it was less than 24 hours before the night we reserved. Catch 22.

It's hard to believe that you can legally do this. The room was not "as advertised". It is not a suite.

How can in not be possible to cancel a reservation after seeing the room?

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank jdimm
Guesthouse Inn M, Manager at Evergreen Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are always looking for areas to improve in and we have noticed a need for refrigerators in all of our rooms. Currently we provide refrigerators in all of our Suites, as well as a select few King rooms. In the future we hope to have a refrigerator in all of our rooms and we are steadily working towards this new goal. We hope you can enjoy this new addition the next time you stay with us!

Please feel free to contact me directly at monroeguesthouse@gmail.com with any other features you would like to see.

Charlinna Walser
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 18 April 2010

I have been staying in this hotel for nearly two weeks and have one more to go while on business here in Monroe, Washington. Everything about this hotel is great with the exception of the location.

First, the hotel itself is in great shape and the maintenance staff keeps it that way. A few days ago, a little bit of the caulk started to peel up in the shower. When I got back from one long day at work, I was greeted in my room with a letter of apology from the hotel manager, an explanation of what had happened and how it had been fixed (new caulk). I was even offered a new room if the caulk repair didn't meet with my satisfaction. Wow ... it has been a long time since I've seen a hotel manager pay that much attention to the details.

The staff is some of the friendliest around. I leave nearly every morning with someone at the front desk telling me to "have a good day" or returning to a nice "good evening".

The only drawback is the location of the hotel. Several times a night the local freight train rumbles through town and, although it is on the other side of Hwy 2 and is probably 1000 feet away, its horn and rumble are loud enough to wake me up almost every time it goes by. But the hotel is centrally located in the middle of a great area of restaurants, retail stores, grocery stores, etc. You can walk to almost anything you need and it seems relatively safe.

I am very happy and would stay here anytime I return to Monroe, Washington.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank ccollman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe
0.2 km away
17.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Woodinville WA
18.0 km away
Red Lion Inn & Suites Bothell

Been to Evergreen Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!