“Large portions, family friendly ”
Review of El Caporal

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Caporal
Ranked #19 of 64 Restaurants in Maple Valley
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

This is the first Mexican restaurant we have tried in Maple Valley so we can only offer our opinion on our experience on this day. The atmosphere was festive and nice. The large booths were a plus and delectation of space from other patrons was good. We didn't here and see everyone near us. The wait staff was very friendly, efficient and even joined in on a game we were playing with our kids about the birds around the room(decor birds, not real). I like to order a combo on a first visit to get a good idea of the quality of the food. I ordered a combo 3- taco, enchilada and chile relleno with rice and beans. I really like the CR but the taco was mediocre, the enchilada em was good but would have like less cheese and more suave. The rice and bean ms were good. My daughter loved her enchilada and rice and beans and even finished my beans and rice. My 6 year old had a cheese quesadilla and he actually said "this the best quesadilla ever"! They serve alcoholic beverages and beer on tap and bottles. Well priced for the portion sizes. The only thing that we couldn't all enjoy was the salsa. It was way too spicy for the kids. Perfect for my hubby and I. However I did not ask for a different sales manager so I am not sure they offer another option.
We will go back. Lots of parking.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

El Caporal never fails to impress and make us want to go back again and again
you have to tray it soon and often

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The best carnitas burrito ever!!! We hit this place for happy hour frequently. One time the server (awesome lady) suggested we share the pork or carnitas burrito - the big daddy; maybe 14 bucks or so. OMG it was the best burrito I have ever had. We go back for happy hour all the time and always get this instead of the happy hour food - it is amazzzzzzzing!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

This is our 'go to' place for
Mexican food in the area. Great choices, fast service and very yummy! They've got specials and giant margaritas which are great to share!

Reviewed 13 February 2017

With Mexican food, there is no middle ground. Either the grub is fresh, flavorful and presented effectively or it's not. This place is NOT. It has been here forever and a month so there must be some allure. Probably the cocktails ! We visited this strip mall joint about 15 years ago and decided to wait till they got better. In the meanwhile, several other Hispanic cuisines moved to town and we never went back. Well, now we remember why we left in the first place. Really, there is a great place a couple miles north on the hwy by the KFC if you want fresh, tasty, Mexican fare.