“Outstanding gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We actually ate here twice during our visit to maple valley, on a Friday and then new years eve. I had the chicken saltimbocca and that was pretty good. Tender and full of flavor. The service that Friday was great.
Had a different server New Years eve, she was great too even though it was busy. A special menu was prepared for that night.
The surf and turf, prime rib, and scallop dinner were amazing. The scallops were done in a rich Dungeness crab sauce and were done perfectly.
The crab chowder is unbelievable!
Don’t pass on the dessert, the chocolate cake and the butter cake are delicious!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We haven't been to Gino's in two or three years. We arrive for dinner at 6 o'clock on Sunday night and found the restaurant deserted. We should have left on that basis alone. But we remembered Gino's as decent, so we stayed. We weren't in the mood for a full dinner, so I ordered two appetizers and my wife ordered a small pizza. Beforehand I ordered a "speciality cocktail" which was supposed to be a margarita made with (obviously) tequila and a good brand was specified on the menu. There was also supposed to be orange liquor or some kind.. The drink tasted to me more like vodka-something, and the orange liquor, if actually added, couldn't be tasted. The bread brought to the table was under-baked to the point that you could see semi-raw dough around the edges as some point - and the overall taste was very glue-like. My coconut prawns were good, and the bruschetta I ordered was decent, but half of the slices bread served with it was literally burned. (I probably sound like a bread-whiner in this review, but believe me, I don't usually even mention the bread.) I did have occasion to visit the rest room, and found it to be quite run down in comparison to what it used to be. Overall there was nothing special, nothing memorable, and nothing to make me want to visit again.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This place is ridiculously overpriced. $20 for a 10 inch pizza? Bartender knew nothing about wines. Salad for $20 came in a tiny bowl missing a lot of ingredients listed on the menu. Finally the service was insincere. Felt like being waited on by a robot instead of a person.
Plus repurposing liquor bottles as water bottles....very tacky.

3  Thank Cathy B
Reviewed 19 March 2017

Gino's Bistro is the best restaurant in Maple Valley for a romantic meal and a nice drink. Yes, you can go there for a regular meal or a business dinner but you should also put it on your list of best places to take your wife (or girlfriend) for a truly romantic dinner. The food is excellent and there are both expensive and medium priced meals so you don't have to break the bank. The service is good too.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

This place gets a ton of hype in my community and I have to say, I just don't get it. My husband and I had a couple hours on our own, as our son was at a birthday party. We decided to try this place, as we'd heard amazing things about the food.
When we walked in the door, there was one table with people already seated with menus. There was another couple waiting at the hostess stand. There were no employees in sight.
We waited for a couple minutes and no one came out to greet us. I asked the other couple if they'd seen anyone yet and they said that they hadn't. A couple minutes later, the waitress came out and brought drinks to the already seated table, without even acknowledging us or the other couple. She delivered the drinks, and then talked with the table for a few moments. It was obvious that she knew them. Finally, she came back and showed the other couple to a table. Then she came and sat us. We had waited more than ten minutes before we were even acknowledged. I'm not quite sure why we waited, except at that point we really didn't feel like trying to find somewhere else to go. Besides that, we'd heard the food was excellent.
It took another 15 minutes to get us drinks. In that time, we saw the waitress chit chatting with the first table twice.
Cut to almost an hour later, we are finally served our food. My husband got the alfredo, and I got the 'halibut' and fries. First of all, my husband's alfredo was gloopy and flavorless. The Chicken was totally unseasoned. The noodles were all stuck together in a nasty, gluey mess.
My 'halibut' was not halibut. It had none of the consistency that halibut has. Instead of being flaky, moist, and light it was chewy, dry, and tough. Whatever kind of fish it ACTUALLY was, it was so over-cooked and under-seasoned I could barely choke it down.
The waitress was completely inattentive and never once even offered a smile to us. We will not be going back to this place.

2  Thank desimeyer